[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offered a trade for AB

.5 PPR keeper league (final year)

Biggest Steelers fan offered me Antonio Brown for Brees and Thielen.

Over our chat I initially told him know, but asked to think about it for a day.

The guy stockpiles Steelers. He has every season.

He kept AB going into this year and has JuJu and Conner. 

I would still have Matt Ryan at qb but would be left to waiver fodder for his bye plus I favor Brees this week.

Right now Thielen is rated higher (#2 WR vs AB's #20) and I'm really not in need of WRs (have Thomas and Adams as well).

I just don't know what to do with this.

Am I over thinking this and it's an obvious take because it's AB. Or do I stand pat with what I have?

Thielen has obviously been great so far and it doesn't seem like he'll slow down anytime soon.

Sorry for the length of this rambling. I just need to type out my thoughts. I appreciate any input.

I take it.

I'll admit, it's a little bit of a red flag to me that the dedicated Steelers fan is willing to initiate a trade to send you AB. But I wonder if he's nervous about AB not getting as many touches this year with Ju-Ju's growth as a WR. But, IMO as a Bell owner in my keeper league, that whole Steelers offense hasn't looked the same without Bell. They haven't run it as well, and continually swap out another RB and a WR to play RB and catch balls out of the backfield along with Conner.... and Bell ordinarily does all those jobs seamlessly without giving away to the defense what they may be doing.

I would take the offer with the understanding AB might still not be "AB" until after week 7, when Bell is back and that offense is humming once again.

Matt Ryan's defense is hot garbage and he has a lot of weapons, perfect for fantasy. You'll only need another QB for his bye week, and then ride Ryan and AB.

Yeah, I am not sure I take it either.  Also, I like the security blanket of two top QB's that you can play based on matchup or if one gets injured.  A steelers guy giving up AB.  Maybe he knows something!

As a side note, it seems there is going to be a lot less QB injuries however, now that they aren't even allowed to touch them on their helmet.  Nor tackle them with their body weight.  Or hit them low.  Or roll into them.  Or say mean nasty things that could cause irreparable emotional injury....

I don't think it's a terrible trade, I just don't know if I see enough benefit to make it. 

Edited by purplemonster

I appreciate the input. I'm of the opinion that losing Brees would be the big blow here. I too like the security blanket of having both Brees and Ryan. But if I were to counter with Brees and Thielen for AB and Kittle, would it make it more intriguing? TE is my biggest weak spot

Edited by Tinkerstinkers