[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Breida limps off field

DMD

The 49ers might be downplaying the severity of the injury but I'm not buying it.  The 49ers have little reason to rush him back.  Without Jimmy G, they have little chance at the playoffs.  They are calling his injury a "mid to high ankle sprain".  A mid ankle sprain doesn't even exist.  Low and high ankle sprains involve different ligaments and there are no ligaments in between to sprain.  Maybe it is just a layman's way to describe a high ankle sprain of a less severe variety.  My guess is he comes back after the week 11 bye.  It wouldn't even be surprising if he gets put on I.R. this week.  I am trying my darnedest to trade him today before the results of the MRI come out.  Even if he comes back in a week or two, he seem likely to get injured again.

Edited by michaelredd9

12 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Even if he comes back in a week or two, he seem likely to get injured again.

Those were my exact thoughts. I think he’s only played one full game. The last 3 games he has played he has missed at least a quarter. He was on his way to having a monster game it seemed since he had 13 points in the 1st quarter in PPR.

Hope they give him a week off to recuperate.  The fact that he's been sitting out and/or limited in practices throughout the week, and playing despite not being 100%, is just leading to more injuries for him.  The 49'ers don't have a bye until week 11.. he's got a long road ahead and they (as well as I) desperately need him as he's their best offensive player.  I hope they don't think he can crawl his way through the schedule until then.