[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have anyone of you ever seen a team this hot?

char92474

I've probably been playing fantasy football for close to 20 years and have never  seen a team as hot as one in my league this year.  Have any of you ever seen a team start off like this?

It's a 12 team keeper league.  Not only did he start off 5-0, but he finished 2nd in points scored week one and 1st in points the last 4 weeks in a row.  We use a lower scoring system (only .5ppr, 4pts per passing td, only 1 pt every 25 passing yards) so scoring is generally lower in this league.  I have the 2nd best team in the league, the bottom 10 teams in this league is averaging 99 points per game.  I'm averaging 140 points per game but I still lose ground every week because he is averaging 155.  I'm 40% better than the average team in this league but still lose ground every week!  I have probably the best team I've ever had and need to make a move to avoid finishing 2nd.

Has anyone ever seen a team this much more dominant over everyone else?

In case any of you are wondering, his roster is Deshaun Watson, Gurley, Gordon, Thielen, Golladay, Ebron and either Robert Woods or James White at flex.  I have Cam (or Goff depending on matchup), David Johnson, Peterson, Tyreek HIll, and either James Conner, Matt Breida or Alfred Morris at Flex.  

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Yes, the more seasoned players have seen all of the cards fall right for some teams. Don't forget his/her opponents are just as important. 

That's the thing.  His opponents haven't even mattered because he finished 2nd in points the first week and 1st the last 4 weeks in a row.  

I've seen longer undefeated streaks, but this guy is just crushing everyone.  His average weekly score is 50% higher than everyone else in the league besides me.

1 hour ago, char92474 said:

I've probably been playing fantasy football for close to 20 years and have never  seen a team as hot as one in my league this year.  Have any of you ever seen a team start off like this?

It's a 12 team keeper league.  Not only did he start off 5-0, but he finished 2nd in points scored week one and 1st in points the last 4 weeks in a row.  We use a lower scoring system (only .5ppr, 4pts per passing td, only 1 pt every 25 passing yards) so scoring is generally lower in this league.  I have the 2nd best team in the league, the bottom 10 teams in this league is averaging 99 points per game.  I'm averaging 140 points per game but I still lose ground every week because he is averaging 155.  I'm 40% better than the average team in this league but still lose ground every week!  I have probably the best team I've ever had and need to make a move to avoid finishing 2nd.

Has anyone ever seen a team this much more dominant over everyone else?

In case any of you are wondering, his roster is Deshaun Watson, Gurley, Gordon, Thielen, Golladay, Ebron and either Robert Woods or James White at flex.  I have Cam (or Goff depending on matchup), David Johnson, Peterson, Tyreek HIll, and either James Conner, Matt Breida or Alfred Morris at Flex.  

CSB, but My team 2 years ago went 12-0 to start the season, I drafted like a beast.  The Gordon injury killed me at the end though and I ended up losing the championship and chance to go back-to-back :crybaby:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB   2 -- -- 37   23 -- 82.4 97.5 +0.2
RB David Johnson, Ari RB   1 -- -- 6   25 -- 98.8 100.0 +0
RB Melvin Gordon, SD RB   7 -- -- 0   0 -- 3.4 91.1 -2.3
WR Jordy Nelson, GB WR   2 -- -- 12   18 -- 99.1 99.9 +0
WR T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR   5 -- -- 15   16 -- 96.3 99.4 +0
TE Cameron Brate, TB TE   8 -- -- 0   0 -- 5.9 48.1 -8.1
FLEX Delanie Walker, Ten TE   5 -- -- 8   10 -- 68.7 97.5 +0
D/ST Chiefs D/ST, KC D/ST   4 -- -- 9   9 -- 72.9 90.9 +0.5
K Matt Prater, Det K   5 -- -- 7   9 -- 66.1 76.9 +0.4

54 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

In one league, I am 1-4 and yet have the third highest scoring team.  So, yeah, I see the intermittently hot' teams. :bash:

I've seen teams get hot before.  And I've seen teams with longer winning streaks before.  But I've never seen a team finish with high points 4 weeks in a row (barely missing out on the 5th week), while outscoring the league average by over 50% (league average is 99 points, he's averaging over 150).

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

i one time had the highest total points for the season and didn't make the playoffs. I petitioned for the league to change to victory points system instead of just H2H.

We have a wild card spot for this specific situation. Top 5 in standings.. then 6th place goes to the team from 6-12 that has the best all play record ( h2h vs each team each week) works out very well for us. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, char92474 said:

I've seen teams get hot before.  And I've seen teams with longer winning streaks before.  But I've never seen a team finish with high points 4 weeks in a row (barely missing out on the 5th week), while outscoring the league average by over 50% (league average is 99 points, he's averaging over 150).

We get it you're in shock... This happens from time to time when the stars align for someone in a given year and they hit on everything 

A not so humble brag - stars aligned for me the last 1.5 years - won 19 in a row (redraft league).  Our league of 15 years had never seen an undefeated run like that.  Wish I could say it was my great decision making, but it truly was the fantasy gods smiling down on me and all stars aligning.  I naturally lost by .3 last week to end the streak so the Fantasy gods are sure to haunt me for the forseeable future. 

Edited by Faulty Plumbing

It's your league's fault for allowing Gordon to be there at 24 in half-point ppr. :whistle:Golladay, Ebron, and even Thielen have been surprises and he hit on all so far. Despite Thielen being ranked high to begin with, I think we all thought Cousins would spread the love more, especially to Rudolph in the end zone. 

Edited by Tripleshot

I have my best team in 12 team so far for sure.  Mahomes/Tyreek/Hopkins/Gurley/Ingram/Woods/Ravens.  The only thing I am missing is TE, I have Engram.  And I have J. Gordon and Ridley.  Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you make good decisions, sometimes you get both.  How did this guy get both Gordon and Gurley?  I got hopkins through a trade for Conner who I picked up on waivers.  (yikes).  

I was almost unbeatable the year LT had a zillion TDs.  More than a few weeks I'd be down by X pts and think well there's a loss........and he'd score like 4 TDs with 100+ yds, 8 catches etc.  Total scoring machine.  "Championship"

Or not.  Unfortunately, the week of the title game he decided to come back down to Earth and I lost to some guy who's not nearly as great RB went off  :angry:

14 minutes ago, BeeR said:

I was almost unbeatable the year LT had a zillion TDs.  More than a few weeks I'd be down by X pts and think well there's a loss........and he'd score like 4 TDs with 100+ yds, 8 catches etc.  Total scoring machine.  "Championship"

Or not.  Unfortunately, the week of the title game he decided to come back down to Earth and I lost to some guy who's not nearly as great RB went off  :angry:

Dayum.  I didn't have him on my team, but i'll never forget watching him that season.. amazing.  You were sadly probably in the minority of people who lost their league while having him :smashpc::lol:

I feel like I was better at fantasy football back when I didn't know what I was doing. Had a wicked run and won 3 out of the first 4 years in my local and haven't had teams as good since. :angry:

One of the teams only dropped one game and was 1st in points scored most weeks.

Edited by Inziladun

On 10/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, char92474 said:

I’m in a 12 man league and have finished as the overall highest scoring team the last 4 weeks as well. I’m averaging about 155 as well. However, that dude didn’t even have to draft especially well or anything. Ebron and White are just two majorly lucky producers. Ebron is solely the beneficiary of a massively decimated receiving core. Also, any league that allowed Melvin Gordon to slide to the last pick of the 2nd round is a joke. 

I have a team this year that I feel is pretty stacked.  I joined rtsports The Fantasy Championship.  I'm trying to do my best Henry Muto imitation.  The league has a $250 entry fee and a grand prize of $200,000.  It is a no trade league with starting requirements of 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/2flex.  It sucks that there is no trading because I have some tradeable commodities on my bench.  I also have $964 of my FAAB left which is $45 more than anyone else.

QB

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

RB

Alvin Kamara

Sony Michel

LeSean McCoy

Aaron Jones

Corey Clement

WR

Davante Adams

Brandin Cooks

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

TE

Jared Cook

Vance McDonald

K

Greg Zuerlein

Def

Streaming

I'm coming for you Henry!

Yes I have http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/29393

5-0 high score all but one week blowing them away in total points, VP’s & wins

This is a 12 team dynasty in it’s 16th year. Mahomes I got 4th round rookie year

Barkely,  I traded Mixon / Dez & my 1.05 pick for 1.01

Thielen off the waivers in 2016 & the rest pretty much drafted in their rookie years   

Must of been Drunk  

Player

YTD Pts

Bye

Trade?

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Wentz, Carson PHI QB

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB

Miller, Lamar HOU RB

Golladay, Kenny DET WR

Jackson, DeSean TBB WR

Ross, John CIN WR (Q)

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

Thielen, Adam MIN WR

Williams, Mike LAC WR

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

McDonald, Vance PIT TE

Elliott, Jake PHI PK

Myers, Jason NYJ PK

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

22 Total Players

Injured Reserve

McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB (I)

1 Total Player on IR

Likely jinxing myself by even posting in this thread, but eh... joined this league entering 2016 season (dispersal draft) and promptly went 10-3 and won the league with that orphaned/rebuilt team.  Having the 1.01 and getting Zeke that year was critical.  Pairing him with Ryan and Hopkins was key.  Also had (and still have) studs on the defensive side.

Went undefeated in regular season last year before falling in the semis to the eventual champ.

Undefeated thus far this season, and I've traded away some assets (Ryan, Jimmy G, Bosa) to end up with the following:

QB - Rodgers

RB - Zeke

RB - Gordon

RB/flex - Lynch

WR - Hopkins

WR - Diggs

TE - Kelce

LB - Kuechly

LB - Mosely

LB - Whitehead or Warner

DL - Campbell

DL - Ogunjobi

DB - Collins

DB - McDougald

DB - Jackson

That said, I have absolutely zero depth, so if someone were to get hurt I'd probably be toast.  I already gave away 2 1sts (mine, plus the one I got dealing Ryan), Jimmy G, McKinnon, etc.

14 hours ago, Lebowski54 said:

I’m in a 12 man league and have finished as the overall highest scoring team the last 4 weeks as well. I’m averaging about 155 as well. However, that dude didn’t even have to draft especially well or anything. Ebron and White are just two majorly lucky producers. Ebron is solely the beneficiary of a massively decimated receiving core. Also, any league that allowed Melvin Gordon to slide to the last pick of the 2nd round is a joke. 

I have a hard time believing Gordon could slip anywhere past 13.  I think he was picked up at number 7 or 8 in mine 

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I have a hard time believing Gordon could slip anywhere past 13.  I think he was picked up at number 7 or 8 in mine 

Exactly. I didn’t notice it was a keeper league though, but I’m not exactly sure how keeper leagues work. However, I think it makes any team accomplishment less impressive because it should be easier to stack a team in a keeper league.

51 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I got Gordon at 12 this year in my redraft league.  Was kind of floored he fell to the turn for me.  Too bad I decided to be different and go RB/RB and paired him with Jordan Howard.

• Haha 1