[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ajayi goes on IR

michaelredd9

Ajayi goes on injured reserve with ACL tear

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/382602/ajayi-goes-on-injured-reserve-with-acl-tear?ls=roto:PHI:topheadlines

Eagles placed RB Jay Ajayi on injured reserve with a torn ACL, ending his season.

The injury came almost entirely out of thin air; Ajayi missed a few snaps with a knee injury on Sunday but returned to the game. It's possible he played on a torn ACL in the second half. The Eagles' backfield is all sorts of banged up; Corey Clement has missed two weeks with a quad strain, and Darren Sproles has been out with a hamstring injury. It's possible Wendell Smallwood will have to carry the bulk of the load in Thursday night's game against the Giants. UDFA Josh Adams is the Eagles' only healthy alternative.

Oct 8 - 5:10 PM

Bell to PHI does make sense.

It is still a big WOW moment if both sides can pull it off.

I'm not sure of the different scenarios/options to both to make a low term deal happen.  PHI would get a great boost to returning back to the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles "have not pursued a trade" for holdout Le'Veon Bell and "have no plans to do so."

Bell singled out the Eagles as a potential destination spot for himself when he spoke to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler last week, but the Eagles don't appear to be willing to pay the Steelers' asking price and then hand Bell a gargantuan contract. With Jay Ajayi done for the year with a torn ACL, the Eagles' initial plan looks to be to lean on Corey Clement and Wendell Smallwood.
Related: Eagles

Oct 8 - 7:26 PM

Clement has already been dealing with injuries as well.. They need to pick up someone through free agency as an insurance policy, but it sounds like they don't want to pony up any cash.  They're throwing the season away if they plan on leaning on Clement/Smallwood/UDFA Adams, and maybe Sproles.  The first two started the year as the RB3/RB4 on the squad.  Maybe Darkwa's getting a phone call?  

Btw, did the shrugging emoji get deleted? :what:

20 hours ago, seahawk3133 said:

Looks like Bell will end up traded to the Eagles..   Makes a ton of sense for all involved...

"Looks like", that's usually an indication something is in the works or could be happening. What is it this based on?  

Somebody in another thread mentioned the Browns having 3 good RBs, not sure they're willing to trade any of them. Hyde and Chubb are the same kind of RB, and they're not trading either one. Duke is the COP, and does some receiving and could be used many ways, doubt they trade him either. 

ETA  Ok reading other posts I see Bell himself said PHI would be a good spot to trade him, that means nothing and most fans should know that. 

Edited by stevegrab

From day 1, I've said that I feel Bell burned the bridge too much and with how bad their defense is with having no problem scoring points  - they aren't going to sign him to a huge deal..   Conner has shown they don't miss a beat with him and being so much cheaper for the long term so they can use Bell money for defensive help - I have been under the belief that he will be traded even if for less than they could have gotten 1 year ago.  Eagles seemed to make sense since they already have shown they will make an in-season deal (Many teams never do)

1 minute ago, seahawk3133 said:

From day 1, I've said that I feel Bell burned the bridge too much and with how bad their defense is with having no problem scoring points  - they aren't going to sign him to a huge deal..   Conner has shown they don't miss a beat with him and being so much cheaper for the long term so they can use Bell money for defensive help - I have been under the belief that he will be traded even if for less than they could have gotten 1 year ago.  Eagles seemed to make sense since they already have shown they will make an in-season deal (Many teams never do)

How? There's not many teams that can fit Bell in their current cap. Especially the Eagles.