[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara owners

purplemonster

Probably cursing a bit.  Looking like Ingram will be getting a lot of the goal line carries and he may impact Kamara a lot more than thought.  Don't get me wrong, Kamara will still ball out, but I think the fantasy points may be a little harder to come by 

Edited by purplemonster

Overreacting. I think it will be balanced like last year. Kamara will get his. They've also been running Kamara a lot. Ingram has fresh legs. It's smart to give a him a light night with the bye week coming up.

I’m not a Kamara owner but if I was I wouldn’t be too worried. Kamara is proven to be an absolute weapon. 

This is is only the first game back for Ingram and it’s not even through the second half. 

Kamara and Gurley are destined to produce all throughought the season.

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Overreacting. I think it will be balanced like last year. Kamara will get his. They've also been running Kamara a lot. Ingram has fresh legs. It's smart to give a him a light night with the bye week coming up.

I am not saying it's a disaster, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 points + shaved off what you'd normally expect in PPR, which would still make him elite 

Edited by purplemonster

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Kamara was in on a few snaps from inside the 5 also. Will be a good split. As a Kamara owner I was very nervous about an injury with how much usage he was getting

Totally agree, I don't know if Kamara is built for huge numbers of carries.  Might be a blessing in disguise

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Kamara was in on a few snaps from inside the 5 also. Will be a good split. As a Kamara owner I was very nervous about an injury with how much usage he was getting

Agreed. Kamara owners should be happy. He doesn't have the best track record on usage and durability. 

Just now, purplemonster said:

Totally agree, I don't know if Kamara is built for huge numbers of carries.  Might be a blessing in disguise

I had a buddy tell me that but after doing a little digging hes the exact same size as LT

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

He's not small, he's just built for maximum agility and looks like a Lamborghini to come up with a weird car reference.  Ingram looks like a bowling ball 

LT

Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Weight: 215 lb (98 kg)

Kamara

3 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

LT

Kamara

I hear you but they play distinctively different styles. Ingram certainly looks bigger (or rounder) to me by eye test.  They call them thunder and lightning for a reason.  And historically Ingram has survived many seasons as a between the tackles RB if he needs to, Kamara really doesn't have that track record.  Yet anyway 

Edited by purplemonster

I already factored Ingram into the equation when I took him at 5 overall. He's a big reason I'm 3-1 looking at 4-1. My only loss was to the 4-0 team. I'm not sweating the regression 

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I hear you but they play distinctively different styles. Ingram certainly looks bigger (or rounder) to me by eye test.  They call them thunder and lightning for a reason.  And historically Ingram has survived many seasons as a between the tackles RB if he needs to, Kamara really doesn't have that track record.  Yet anyway 

Totally not disagreeing was more a reference point for the folks who think he is small.. LT was much lower to the ground though, thicker legs I feel like 

• Like 1

I've got Kamara in a few leagues, and I guess I knew it was coming.  As much as I would love to see the first 4 weeks be an indicator of what's to come all season long, my gut says that's not possible.  Even if Ingram hadn't returned, I think I'd be worried that Kamara couldn't hold up over 16 games at that pace.  In other words, Ingram might be just what Kamara needs to stay fresh/healthy all year.  Maybe that's just me grasping to find a positive spin on Ingram returning... I don't know.  But, having owned Kamara last year as well, I'm pretty confident he'll be a beast all year, AS LONG AS he can stay healthy and on the field.  

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

I've got Kamara in a few leagues, and I guess I knew it was coming.  As much as I would love to see the first 4 weeks be an indicator of what's to come all season long, my gut says that's not possible.  Even if Ingram hadn't returned, I think I'd be worried that Kamara couldn't hold up over 16 games at that pace.  In other words, Ingram might be just what Kamara needs to stay fresh/healthy all year.  Maybe that's just me grasping to find a positive spin on Ingram returning... I don't know.  But, having owned Kamara last year as well, I'm pretty confident he'll be a beast all year, AS LONG AS he can stay healthy and on the field.  

I think it's this more than anything, and I wouldn't worry too much.  Sean Payton was quoted as saying that 'it would be nice to keep the ice bags off of Kamara.'  He's been getting used too much, and I think Ingram coming back fresh off of suspension gave him a much needed break this game...and he was still in for a big amount of the snapcount!!