[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Chargers Owner Alex Spanos

Gopher

95 years is a good run.  :headbang:

Regardless of what you thought of him, he seemed to be a very passionate guy.  

Counting down until Taz shows up to talk shlt about him..... 3.... 2.... 1..... :lol:

SD was tired of being pissed on by sports teams that they would not give in to his demands. He lost the vote against the Comic Con for gods sake...lol. After the debacle that was petco park and the AAA teams they present EVERY year...people knew it's about money not city. Sorry to lose the Chargers/not sorry to giving billions to billionaires.  

• Like 1

I respected Alex Spanos. He built amazing teams. I'd never talk trash about somebody's death no matter what I think of the current ownership. Alex didn't move the Chargers and betray a city. Dean did. 

And for those that think they know the story of the exodus to LA, do some research, please. It all came down to $600M. Google that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

One difference...San Diego didn't pay that. Dean did.

Exactly. That's exactly what I'm saying lol. Instead of paying the $600M difference in stadium costs, he chose to pay the exact same amount to the NFL to relocate to LA and be a renter of a new stadium lol. It's probably one of the worst deals in history. No % of concessions only ticket sales. I'm forced to watch them here in LA and they barely have a fan base here in LA. Just a dumb, dumb decision by Dean. Alex NEVER would have betrayed San Diego. Never. I can never root for San Diego again, a city I lived in for 30yrs and a team I adopted after Georgia moved my Rams to St. Louis. Welp...The Rams are back, Dean is an chalupa and all is good in the world.  

7 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Exactly. That's exactly what I'm saying lol. Instead of paying the $600M difference in stadium costs, he chose to pay the exact same amount to the NFL to relocate to LA and be a renter of a new stadium lol. It's probably one of the worst deals in history. No % of concessions only ticket sales. I'm forced to watch them here in LA and they barely have a fan base here in LA. Just a dumb, dumb decision by Dean. Alex NEVER would have betrayed San Diego. Never. I can never root for San Diego again, a city I lived in for 30yrs and a team I adopted after Georgia moved my Rams to St. Louis. Welp...The Rams are back, Dean is an chalupa and all is good in the world.  

Oh ..lol ...same page.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Nobody is forced to watch anything.... 

And unlike other markets LA has been getting special treatment so they don't miss out on any big DH games either. If one of the LA teams is at on on the single header (1 game) network you should not get two games on the other network, but you have been. 

Week 2 of this year for example, Rams on Fox late should have prevented a late CBS game, like the early home games on Fox prevented early CBS games in ATL, TB, NO, GB. The SF market had to show a late game on CBS even though 49ers were at home on Fox, because that game was the local Raiders. 

week 2 NFL coverage maps

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Nobody is forced to watch anything.... 

And unlike other markets LA has been getting special treatment so they don't miss out on any big DH games either. If one of the LA teams is at on on the single header (1 game) network you should not get two games on the other network, but you have been. 

Week 2 of this year for example, Rams on Fox late should have prevented a late CBS game, like the early home games on Fox prevented early CBS games in ATL, TB, NO, GB. The SF market had to show a late game on CBS even though 49ers were at home on Fox, because that game was the local Raiders. 

week 2 NFL coverage maps

figure of speech dude. Relax. But glad to see you did some research into the matter 

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

figure of speech dude. Relax. But glad to see you did some research into the matter 

I have 2 brothers in LA who are NFL fans, and they were both concerned that teams in LA would mean far fewer good games. Neither team is bad, the Rams are one of the best the last season plus, and LA misses fewer games than most expected. 

I know its a figure of speech, hyperbole by sports fans that want it all but won't pay to see it all. I just get tired of hearing people say how they are forced to watch something. 

Some of the best owners are children who inherited teams like Rooney or Mara.  But a lot of the worst owners are children who inherited teams like Irsay or Spanos.  Old money leads to classy kids or spoiled idiots.  Not much in between.  I am glad to be a Green Bay Packer fan.  We have best owners in the NFL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Some of the best owners are children who inherited teams like Rooney or Mara.  But a lot of the worst owners are children who inherited teams like Irsay or Spanos.  Old money leads to classy kids or spoiled idiots.  Not much in between.  I am glad to be a Green Bay Packer fan.  We have best owners in the NFL!

Wait you're a Packer fan, no way.  

Al Lerner wasn't a bad owner, his son Randy was horrible, and now we have Jimmy and his wife Dee is actually in line to take over (just in case he ever goes to jail for his Pilot Flying J rebate scam).

Edited by stevegrab