awahl63

Ronald Jones II - Calling TB Homers

Jones only played 20/63 snaps in week 4 against the incredible stout Bears defense; however, he out touched Barber 11 to 8.  Barber has been impressively ineffective this year despite receiving his decent volume.  

Does anyone think Jones leads the way this week against Atlanta?

Do any Bucs homers have any insight?

I assumed you watched the game or at minimum understand what happened in that game... it was a complete blowout so yeah they gave the rookie some "extended looks".  As a Jones owner in dynasty leagues, I am hopeful it means more than what it appears to.

• Like 1

i think it's questionable to hold Jones in Dynasty (wait for any action and sell), but I think it's a wasted roster space in redraft. Read more at...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i think it's questionable to hold Jones in Dynasty

WOW!! Such sound judgment after 5 games in the NFL. Whew...thanks for sharing that insightful FF knowledge with us Lord Dopie. 

Don't listen to this doofus. Anyone who suggests you give up on a rookie in a Dynasty league (that's what taxi squads are for numbnuts) after 5 NFL games is an idiot. 

14 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

WOW!! Such sound judgment after 5 games in the NFL. Whew...thanks for sharing that insightful FF knowledge with us Lord Dopie. 

Don't listen to this doofus. Anyone who suggests you give up on a rookie in a Dynasty league (that's what taxi squads are for numbnuts) after 5 NFL games is an idiot. 

well, if you remember from that other thread, I said Jones wasn't that good months ago.

He wasn't worth (to me) a 1st round rookie pick in drafts six months ago, so my opinion, even if I'm wrong, has always been this. So my opinion isn't about "Such sound judgment after 5 games in the NFL". I've always thought this.

To those new to this discussion, go read the thread i posted.

Taz is just upset with me because I'm right and he is wrong, again.

Granted, I don't get paid millions of dollars like the TB front office/GM does, so they absolutely know more than me, but then again, I would never move up in the NFL 2nd round to draft a PK :lol:

19 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

so, why so angry with me? you insulted me way more than usual.

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

so, why so angry with me? you insulted me way more than usual.

It's been 2 months sober and I'm cranky. Don't take it personal lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

That was not the response I expected.  Keep up the good work!  :tup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

that's awesome!

I've been sober for 2 days.

Ronald Jones still sucks. Sorry.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Barber blows, that is all

yeah, i was wrong about how well he was going to do. I'm disappointed.

TB should trade for someone like Lynch, probably could get him for a 6th... if he agrees.

I'm starting him today. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

I'm starting him today. 

because you believe he'll do well or because of need (bye/injury)?

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

because you believe he'll do well or because of need (bye/injury)?

Desperation

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

So Barber is going to be the guy still?

yes, but while I've been a "supporter" of him, he needs some consistency before i'm confident; howver, I think that will happen with Winston back. I suspect that there was something off with him and Fitzmagic

19 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

So Barber is going to be the guy still?

Apparently Barber doesn't blow as much as I thought, or the Falcons D blows even more. 

Why would Jones replace Barber? I didn't see the game, but he got one carry to Barber's 13.   He had 10 carries for 29 yards the prior game, even if he had more touches than Barber he didn't do much. 

I drafted Sony Michell very early in a couple of dynasty leagues, and had the opportunity to take him (or Ridley) in another at the 1.05 pick.  I'm usually not one to worry about putting all of my eggs in one basket, so to speak, but for whatever reason (and against my better judgment), I passed on Sony for Jones in that league. 

Everything I've read about Jones lately gives me the indication that he's simply immature.  Both as a person, and as a running back.  Maybe he'll figure both of those things out, sooner or later.  If not, I'll probably regret making that pick for quite a while.  

They are playing the hot hand but neither hand is really "hot".  Barber has a edge IMO but who knows.

46 minutes ago, Jolly Rodgers said:

They are playing the hot hand but neither hand is really "hot".  Barber has a edge IMO but who knows.

hot hand? RJ was a healthy inactive for weeks. THat's not a hot hand.