T. Hill

K. Coutee 

B. Powell 

D. Lewis

D. Henry

M. Davis

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Crw561

Tyreek is by far the best player in the trade and worth more that those 3 combined

27 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Tyreek is by far the best player in the trade and worth more that those 3 combined

I'm high on Hill but not near as high on him as you are on him.

• Like 1

It's a balanced trade. Team 2 clearly needs a RB and they are stacked a WR.

Wait, is that the teams before or after the trade?

Edited by Shaft

I favor RBs because they are so hard to replace.  Hill is hard to trust because he has always been up and down.  He has a higher ceiling but also has a lower floor.  The Bengals offense is pretty good and it'll revolve around Mixon.

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Wait, is that the teams before or after the trade?

Before the trade. Sorry, should be mentioned that in the post. 

20 minutes ago, DannyV said:

Hill is hard to trust because he has always been up and down.

the way to win with a WR like this is to play him every week and enjoy the ride. Total points over the year will be very good. Four WRs like Hill on your team and you're in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

why does a team's need factor in to the value of the traded pieces?

1 hour ago, Crw561 said:

I'm high on Hill but not near as high on him as you are on him.

man, that dude is a freakin' video game.

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

why does a team's need factor in to the value of the traded pieces?

IMO, and many others, a team's need does factor. If someone is stacked at a position (i.e. WR or RB), they might be willing to make a sacrifice to strengthen one of their weaker roster spots. 

Just now, Shaft said:

IMO, and many others, a team's need does factor. If someone is stacked at a position (i.e. WR or RB), they might be willing to make a sacrifice to strengthen one of their weaker roster spots. 

i get that, but it has nothing to do with the value of the pieces.

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i get that, but it has nothing to do with the value of the pieces.

To me, when I think of "won," the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I compare the team before and after the trade, but it's all a matter of perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

To me, when I think of "won," the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I compare the team before and after the trade, but it's all a matter of perspective. 

but to take that concept to the next level, that means if all your RBs went on IR and there were zero RBs on the WW, then you'd trade Antonio Brown for CJ Anderson if you had four other great WRs.

the point of that extreme example is that each piece as value, if you're not getting good enough return, then you need to move on to another trade partner otherwise, overtime, you keep losing overall value until your team is depleted.

Either way, value is value.

Now, it's your team, and you should do what you want, but math is math and there's only one definition of winning. Now, if you want to argue the value of the pieces, that's different.

But since I see Hill worth more than those three guys, this is a clear case that one owner got the "Shaft".

Just now, LordOpie said:

but to take that concept to the next level, that means if all your RBs went on IR and there were zero RBs on the WW, then you'd trade Antonio Brown for CJ Anderson if you had four other great WRs.

the point of that extreme example is that each piece as value, if you're not getting good enough return, then you need to move on to another trade partner otherwise, overtime, you keep losing overall value until your team is depleted.

Either way, value is value.

Now, it's your team, and you should do what you want, but math is math and there's only one definition of winning. Now, if you want to argue the value of the pieces, that's different.

But since I see Hill worth more than those three guys, this is a clear case that one owner got the "Shaft".

Well, that's the key, you took that to the point of extreme. And this game is more than math. A realistic example would be trading Antonio Brown for Mixon or David Johnson. Is Antonio Brown, the best player in the trade? Absolutely! But if the team has Hopkins, OBJ, Julio Jones, and A. Brown, that trade is not that bad if the team has no RB.

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

And this game is more than math.

i annoy people when I say it's not much more than that over the past 10 years.

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i annoy people when I say it's not much more than that over the past 10 years.

Nah, it's all in fun fantasy debating. Some people get too uptight about this stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I'd prefer Mixon over Hill.  Mixon is locked in at RB it seems (definitely if Gio is out) but they may establish a new balance once Gio is back.  Hill is great,I own him, but he's pretty variable week to week 

honestly it seems pretty even, but if you had a declare a "winner" due to team, the team who got Hill, since team 1 looks like they have a worse WR corps than team 2 has a worse RB corps.

Did Mixon suddenly lose his job? Or lost his skills? 

To say a team got screwed getting Mixon for Hill is like saying you got screwed paying $2 for a soda - might have done better, might end up doing worse but surely didn't get ripped off