[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams-Broncos .....3 inches of snow?

Shaft

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

oh, also, i walked my kids to school today and it felt like snow already. I predict snow starts falling tomorrow by noon. I'll predict the game is played in the 40-45*F range, meaning that the snow will melt off by game time and the field will be clear.

Might want to check your forecasting ability against the experts. High temp for Den 25, 1-3" of snow. Doubt they're off by 15-20 degrees. 

Accuweather Sun 10/14

• Haha 1

Just now, Courduroy said:

He lives in Denver, feet on the ground as they say.  

Yes I know he lives there, but he just posts whatever pops into his head without much thought or real information. He cannot predict the weather on Sunday by walking his kids to school Friday morning. Trust him if you like.

I trust what our local weather forecaster says than Weather.com, Accuweather or some other national source. But they're not just guessing. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I bet you complain often where you live that the so called experts are wrong so often.

But then again, you just like to complain.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

And you just like to flap your gums with no accountability for being correct. You are telling people making fantasy football line-up decisions that it won't be that cold or have any snow on the ground for the game, which is just your hunch based on nothing. At least the foecasters are using science.

Yes they're wrong plenty of times, but they're not just guessing or pulling a forecast out of their ass like you do.

Now say something else you think is funny to amuse your friends, because that is about all you do here. Dopie, Lord of the humor section. 

You two are definitley an old married couple.  You sure bicker like one.  If you two had sex more often (with each other), you wouldn't be at each others' throats as much.  

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

And you just like to flap your gums with no accountability for being correct. You are telling people making fantasy football line-up decisions that it won't be that cold or have any snow on the ground for the game, which is just your hunch based on nothing. At least the foecasters are using science.

Yes they're wrong plenty of times, but they're not just guessing or pulling a forecast out of their ass like you do.

Now say something else you think is funny to amuse your friends, because that is about all you do here. Dopie, Lord of the humor section. 

Dude reel it in a little...Geez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Shaft said:

The forecast is saying that we might have our first snow game of the season. 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/10/10/17960254/broncos-rams-weather-update

And I was actually considering putting DT back in my starting lineup, I guess that won't be happening. 

Snow is never a reason you shouldn't play a player, unless it's a blizzard.  Play him if you were going too before the snow. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

Snow is never a reason you shouldn't play a player, unless it's a blizzard.  Play him if you were going too before the snow. 

Snow is a very good reason to not put certain skill positions in your lineup. Tough to run crisp routes in 3 inches of snow! Defenses usually have more turnovers during such weather. Running games will see more work as well.

19 hours ago, Shaft said:

The forecast is saying that we might have our first snow game of the season. 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/10/10/17960254/broncos-rams-weather-update

And I was actually considering putting DT back in my starting lineup, I guess that won't be happening. 

I sat Brady during a snow storm a few years back - huge mistake on my part

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, dope man said:

Snow is a very good reason to not put certain skill positions in your lineup. Tough to run crisp routes in 3 inches of snow! Defenses usually have more turnovers during such weather. Running games will see more work as well.

this depends on the type of snow. wind can be a bigger factor.  when it is wet and slushy snow we get more of what you describe.  when the snow is drier, while players might still be slower than normal, offenses and passing games can still flourish.

Edited by Bier Meister
edited typos

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I should clarify that this is true only for decent/good offenses. A QB who can read conditions and adjust should have better games than they usually do.

:wflag::wflag::wflag::wflag::wflag::wflag:

Do yourself a favor and quit while you perceive yourself as ahead. 

• Confused 1

You literally just gave a bland description of a QB adjusting to snow that applies to every other weather condition lol. This is straight out of the Capt. Obvious book of football acumen. 

Anyway...enough about that :lol:

I have a ton of players in this game on both sides of the ball. I don't take any game for granted and I hope this isn't a trap game. That being said, I'm starting all my players on both teams with high confidence. And yes, I have Keenum on a team but that's on a rival FF site. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yes, but I don't think Keenum is going to adjust. So while you say it was obvious, I'm saying that you're making a mistake player any DEN players.

if you want to help, tell us what you think your Rams are going to do after they get a significant lead? Will Rams pass game shut down?

Todd Gurley all day. 

16 hours ago, dope man said:

Defensive backs being able to have traction when receivers make cuts is a great reason to play WRs during a snow game. I've been the beneficiary of many great games for WRs during snow games.  Same for RBs.

3 hours ago, irish said:

Defensive backs being able to have traction when receivers make cuts is a great reason to play WRs during a snow game. I've been the beneficiary of many great games for WRs during snow games.  Same for RBs.

Maybe we can revisit this tomorrow. I have been on the other end of snow games in my 23 years of playing fantasy football...who knows? I just see a smash mouth type game on both sides...I could be way wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dope man said:

Maybe we can revisit this tomorrow. I have been on the other end of snow games in my 23 years of playing fantasy football...who knows? I just see a smash mouth type game on both sides...I could be way wrong.

Same here, been playing since 1989 (almost 30 years), so i've definitely seen my share of both kinds of performances in the snow but i've seen more advantage taken from light snowfalls than not. Depends on many factors though, temperature, wind, how heavy the snow falls, quality of teams playing. I expect the rams to still be explosive tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, dope man said:

Yep it varies, recall a Bills- Browns game in December one year, think it ended 9-6, seven inches of wet snow fell during the game, on top of morning snow. Neither team could do muh on offense, especially passing, was hard to see too.

I'm rolling with DT in this one, other options Cole at DAL, Funches at WAS.  I expect Rams O to do well, and Broncos will need to throw to stay in it.