[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Raiders are shopping Amari Cooper

tazinib1

30 minutes ago, Shaft said:

The Colts, Cowboys, and Packers could all be good landing spots. 

The Packers or Colts would be fantastic. Other teams that I think would benefit from him there would be the Jets, Eagles, Seahawks, and even the Falcons.

I know Atlanta has Julio, Ridley and Sanu but that could actually be good for a Cooper. He doesn’t have to be ‘the’ guy and could definitely find mismatches. They could even trade Oakland Tevin Coleman in the deal.

Edited by NYpkBLUE22

Last April, the Raiduhs exercised Cooper's 5th year option for 2019 which means any trade partner has a rental for the remainder of 2018 through the end of 2019 for about $14 million.  The 5th year option is fully guaranteed (for injury) as well, so it comes with big risk.

I would imagine that most teams would say "No F-ing Way" to giving up a 1st rounder for what amounts to a 1.5 year rental at $14 million next year for a consistent underachiever.  

If the Raiduhs want out from Cooper, they'll have to take, at best, a 3rd or a 4th.  No team is giving them a 1st or even a 2nd rounder for that situation.  Cooper is a $14 million dollar, one-year risk.  Even a 4th is giving a lot for that.

Edited by Dcat

17 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

full disclosure...ive yet to see the movie...i just thought it sounded funny and witty

Dilly Dilly

19 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

The Packers or Colts would be fantastic. Other teams that I think would benefit from him there would be the Jets, Eagles, Seahawks, and even the Falcons.

I know Atlanta has Julio, Ridley and Sanu but that could actually be good for a Cooper. He doesn’t have to be ‘the’ guy and could definitely find mismatches. They could even trade Oakland Tevin Coleman in the deal.

Who would play RB for the Falcons if they ship out Coleman?  Ito Smith all by himself?  Freeman has been banged up and is now on IR. 

I think ATL is a bad spot, too crowded. Ridley has been rising and Sanu seemed to be dropping off. Julio cannot catch TDs, another mouth to feed doesn't help. 

Once the Raiders realize the market is weak for Cooper then this is the kind of player the Patriots will pick up on the cheap. Patriots will have zero interest until that point. If he ends up somewhere else with a team that was dumb enough to pay too much then so be it.

Bears already paid for Mack let's make it a 2-fer!!!

Edited by stethant
  • Like 1