[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Of These Are Examples Of Collusion?

the lone star

So my league doesn't have any hard anti-collusion rules, but I thought I would ask about these scenarios anyway. Please let me know which ones you think, if any, are examples of collusion.

Scenario 1: Team A trades players to Team B and they agree to split any earnings.

Scenario 2: Team C trades star players to Team D, but it is for what the league has determined as fair-market value. There is no agreement to split earnings, but Team C wants to trade to Team D because he dislikes the other owners in the league and wants to make things tougher for them.

Scenario 3: Team E agrees to not enter into trade talks that Team F is involved in, because Teams E and F have a close personal bond. Likewise, Team F agrees to not enter into trade talks if Team E is involved, but Team G wants to hear bids from all interested teams.

Scenario 4: Team H agrees to trade a certain package of draft picks to Team I, if Team I beats Team H in their matchup that week. The trade would still be for fair-market-value though. Also assume that teams have been able to make low-stakes bets like this in the past, but this particular instance definitely raises the stakes. No rule against bets though.

Scenario 5: Team J makes a bid on a free agent. Team J cannot increase his own bid on the player, so he asks Team K to increase the bid, so that Team J can come in after him and bid the player up again to the price that he wants. Team J is successful in doing this.

Scenario 6: The commissioner sends out mass texts to everyone in the league telling them to increase the bid on a star free agent. The commissioner is successful in doing this.

Please discuss below. Thanks
Edited by the lone star

If collusion and tanking need to be expressed as rules, then you need to play in a different league. We did have to institute a draft order reverse order incentive in the consolation round of some leagues, but that wasn't as much about tanking as about giving owners a few more games of interest for the last few weeks. And that was baseball, but I could see doing it in a football league too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

I was gonna say.

OP, what kind of leagues are you in??? You seem suspect about the integrity of your league/leagues. 

To each their own though. I could talk about players, but honestly, if I were able to predict the future accurately, then I wouldn't be playing fantasy football that much at all.