[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk.

CowboysDiehard

I'm (the really bad word)ing mad because that tide pod huffing sack of dung hasn't done manure tonight.  I'm about to go 1-5 and am the highest scoring team in that league.  Third year in a row that garbage has happened, commish won't realign (keeper league), so I'm taking my money and effort elsewhere.

Rant over.  Y'all have a good night.

I was up by less than one point and was playing Green Bays defense tomorrow. That last drive with points from Gronk I'm not playing my defense to avoid the possibility of negative points. I'm in the playoff picture but have a weak team so I cant chance losses.

15 hours ago, Apothus said:

I was up by less than one point and was playing Green Bays defense tomorrow. That last drive with points from Gronk I'm not playing my defense to avoid the possibility of negative points. I'm in the playoff picture but have a weak team so I cant chance losses.

I'd be worried about a stat correction flipping your win to a loss, but if the chance of negative points from defense is higher, and your rules allow this......

Gronk is Brady's security blanket.  He'll be fine I think.  I don't totally understand the lack of red zone opportunities, but maybe without Gordon they have been focusing hard on Gronk.  I think as everyone gets up to speed it will be tougher to cover everyone.  Gordon probably would have had a TD last night if he and Brady were on the same page.  Gordon kept running and Brady thought he'd sit down in the back of the end zone and they just missed. 

Edited by purplemonster

17 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you think it's okay for him to remove his DEF?

Define OK.  I would not do it, I would discourage owners in my league for doing it. And I've never seen a team with a small lead before MNF bench their MNF player because they might get a negative score, I cannot even remember ever seeing a negative score for a player. Only negatives are for turnovers in our league, even a QB with no TDs and 3 picks would need fewer than 150 yards to have a negative score. 

My trailing ..... was an implied "and you feel ok about it and your league doesn't care".  And I also mentioned if the rules allow it. 

I hate these "its the last game of the week so I have special strategy things. And you should always be trying to score the most points, a weekly price for the high score does this Also using points scored in tie breakers can encourage people to keep full roster active.

I'd love to be the other team, watch the owner do it, then have some stat correction hand them a loss, :yay:

14 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Don't you have to play a defense or it will give an illegal lineup?

Hmmmm, unless you pick up a team on bye week and try to stick it in tonight.

How would that even be allowed?  Even if your league allows roster moves after 1PM Eastern Sunday (we don't) what player would be available to be added to the roster after SNF was over and they wanted to bench their defense?  If they had another D on their squad already, they either played or are on a bye. Players on bye may be eligible for starting, but not sure how that works once most of the games are played.

Also regarding an illegal lineup, we use CBS, and the line-up would be ok and points scored for the team. Your site or league might choose to impose some penalty or not count any score with an illegal line-up, but that isn't something every league or site does. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How would that even be allowed?  Even if your league allows roster moves after 1PM Eastern Sunday (we don't) what player would be available to be added to the roster after SNF was over and they wanted to bench their defense?  If they had another D on their squad already, they either played or are on a bye. Players on bye may be eligible for starting, but not sure how that works once most of the games are played.

Also regarding an illegal lineup, we use CBS, and the line-up would be ok and points scored for the team. Your site or league might choose to impose some penalty or not count any score with an illegal line-up, but that isn't something every league or site does. 

You can pick any person/team D that hasn't played 5 minutes before game time.  If 4 teams are on bye and you see him available, you can pick him up whatever time after the final waiver wire was run.   Technically, if a person is worried about getting negative points by the D, he should pick up the Saints D because they are not playing for this week.  It's similar to saying you forgot to change your lineup on a person who is on bye. 

We use CBS too.  Our settings is based on 5 minutes before pickup.  I just couldn't recall if you bench a player and does it even give a score or not.  I felt like it wouldn't.  I would have to go back to commish settings to check our settings again. 

2 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

You can pick any person/team D that hasn't played 5 minutes before game time.  If 4 teams are on bye and you see him available, you can pick him up whatever time after the final waiver wire was run.   Technically, if a person is worried about getting negative points by the D, he should pick up the Saints D because they are not playing for this week.  It's similar to saying you forgot to change your lineup on a person who is on bye. 

We use CBS too.  Our settings is based on 5 minutes before pickup.  I just couldn't recall if you bench a player and does it even give a score or not.  I felt like it wouldn't.  I would have to go back to commish settings to check our settings again. 

So your roster isn't locked during Sunday afternoon games, and you could drop a player on bye (or playing later that week) for somebody else whose game hasn't started?  Our CBS league is not setup that way, rosters lock 5 minutes before the Sunday afternoon (1PM Eastern) kickoff. I'm having trouble finding that setting, so maybe I'm wrong. Could be 5 minutes before each player's game starts.

There is a setting on CBS to give zero points for an illegal roster, we don't use that. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So your roster isn't locked during Sunday afternoon games, and you could drop a player on bye (or playing later that week) for somebody else whose game hasn't started?  Our CBS league is not setup that way, rosters lock 5 minutes before the Sunday afternoon (1PM Eastern) kickoff. I'm having trouble finding that setting, so maybe I'm wrong. Could be 5 minutes before each player's game starts.

There is a setting on CBS to give zero points for an illegal roster, we don't use that. 

That's it (under Roster Management and Transaction, second option from the top called Lineup Deadline) with the 5 minutes before each player game starts. 

Check out this Sunday and will noticed how you can still edit rosters after 1 PM for those that have 4 PM, Sunday night game and Monday night game.

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

That's it (under Roster Management and Transaction, second option from the top called Lineup Deadline) with the 5 minutes before each player game starts. 

Check out this Sunday and will noticed how you can still edit rosters after 1 PM for those that have 4 PM, Sunday night game and Monday night game.

Ok guess I forgot about that. Its just rare to have the ability to do that, guys you'd want to drop who haven't played yet and somebody else you can add to improve your team. . And in my opinion players whose team is on a bye should not be available once the 1PM Eastern games start. It serves no purpose really, except for this "avoid negatives with a lead" strategy. 

38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Ok guess I forgot about that. Its just rare to have the ability to do that, guys you'd want to drop who haven't played yet and somebody else you can add to improve your team. . And in my opinion players whose team is on a bye should not be available once the 1PM Eastern games start. It serves no purpose really, except for this "avoid negatives with a lead" strategy. 

To be honest, I don't think anyone has ever thought about doing that but in reality, it's an option.  Heck, I didn't think about it until I read this thread.  

1 hour ago, captain77 said:

any update on Gronk?

The first update will probably be on Wednesday (or will it be on Thursday because they play on Monday night?).  Do not trust Wednesday's update.  Or Thursday's update. Or Friday's update.  Or Saturday's update.  Or Sunday's update.  And if Adam Schefter tweets on Monday morning that Gronk is expected to play, don't trust it.  If Gronk is questionable, you should pick up Charles Clay who also plays Monday night.  Jacob Hollister is probably a better start than Clay if Gronk is out but Hollister could also be a gametime decision.  Check your league setup to see if pickups are allowed on Mondays.  A lot of people are in leagues that allow Monday pickups but they don't know it.

Edited by michaelredd9