LordOpie

dynasty buy -- Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

It looks like he's progressing. Pick 1.23 now has about three catches per game this season on pace for 50 catches in year three.

what do you think? Do you think he's on pace for the team to pick up his option next season?

Fantasy wise, it's a hard pass for me. People are asking way too much in trade based on his draft position. 

He's under contract with a club option in 20 and is a FA in 21. 

He got a $9.9M contract with $9.4 guaranteed plus a $1.8M signing bonus. He's not even close to meeting those contract dollars. He's made his money. I feel he is another one of those "I got my money" guys and isn't really interested in becoming the player people thought he would be. Again, hard pass Fantasy wise and I wouldn't be shocked if he is released as he only counts $1.8M against the cap next year. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

He's made his money. I feel he is another one of those "I got my money" guys and isn't really interested in becoming the player people thought he would be.

what makes you say that? I haven't followed his career, so it's just seeing the increase in receptions from year one to two to now...

He couldn't even crack the starting lineup until Jarius Wright was released and has shown nothing to justify rostering him in any format IMO. 

He couldn't take advantage of starting reps last year when Michael Floyd was suspended. Again, the talent is there but the commitment? Not so much. Pass

You can blow a roster spot in dynasty if you want as I believe this is his last year of eligibility on the taxi squad, that is if he isn't already rostered with a contract lol. I sure as hell won't. 

He has never had more than 4 receptions or 51 yards in a game in 3 seasons.  He has 1 career touchdown.  PFF had him graded as the 7th worst wide receiver in the NFL last year.  PFF has him graded as the 7th worst wide receiver in the NFL this year.  He has a long way to go to even be considered average.  And even then, he is 4th in line for targets behind Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph.  Flotsam and jetsam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had to make the choice at the start of the season to cut one between Ross CIN, M. Williams LAC & Treadwell, time will tell if I made the correct choice but I sure wouldn't mind having him sitting in the wings for the start of next season because if he doesn't land in the right spot he would be an easy drop 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

I had to make the choice at the start of the season to cut one between Ross CIN, M. Williams LAC & Treadwell, time will tell if I made the correct choice but I sure wouldn't mind having him sitting in the wings for the start of next season because if he doesn't land in the right spot he would be an easy drop 

He's gonna lose Taxi Squad eligibility next year. That means assigning him a contract if you currently have him. There is no justification for doing that at this point. Maybe in a 32 team league????? If he somehow blows up this year and gets the targets/catches to justify rostering him, I'll admit I was wrong. I just don't see him doing that in Minnesota or anywhere else. However, some players thrive after a change of scenery. Dallas or Cleveland could be teams that could burn a late pick in acquiring him. 

Edited by tazinib1

I am a Vikes fan and the last two games have been the best two games I have seen him play, particularly the last one.  He is hanging onto the ball and making tougher catches.  He does block hard and tries.  Now, will he ever be a big contributor?  Don't know.  But I think the next few games will tell you something. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I am a Vikes fan and the last two games have been the best two games I have seen him play, particularly the last one.  He is hanging onto the ball and making tougher catches.  He does block hard and tries.  Now, will he ever be a big contributor?  Don't know.  But I think the next few games will tell you something. 

the problem is, once you clearly have that info, it's too late. In one of my dynasty leagues, he was a FA, so I picked him up.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

the problem is, once you clearly have that info, it's too late. In one of my dynasty leagues, he was a FA, so I picked him up.

I understand, I don't do dynasty leagues or know how much it will cost you to pick him up, just giving my opinion from what I've seen.  not worthwhile this year probably but you could do worse on a flier going forward.  He seems to want to get better and gives 100%, so I like that much 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Thanks 1

This could be Treadwell's breakout week with Diggs out.  Treadwell has continued to get 3 catches each game.  Detroit will surely be doing everything they can to stop Thielen.

• Thanks 1