[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-49ers Game Thread

michaelredd9

Who is this Mostert guy?

And Goodwin is finally doing what I thought he would do when I drafted him cut him in a couple of leagues a few weeks ago.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

4 minutes ago, nyjets18 said:

Does McCarthy have a personal grudge against Aaron Jones or something? Don't know why he doesn't get 20 touches a game.

Jones - 8 carries for 41 yards

Williams & Montgomery - 5 carries for 5 yards

Jones had 2 bad mistakes.  He had a bad drop and then let a defender come in unimpeded.  The drop probably would have been overlooked but not letting Rodgers get blowed up.

10 minutes ago, nyjets18 said:

Does McCarthy have a personal grudge against Aaron Jones or something? Don't know why he doesn't get 20 touches a game.

Jones - 8 carries for 41 yards

Williams & Montgomery - 5 carries for 5 yards

They seem convinced he can't pass block even though his PFF stats seem pretty stellar across the board.  Grade is 82 overall.  I think he was bad in pass protection but has improved but they are still reluctant to leave him out there. 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

They seem convinced he can't pass block even though his PFF stats seem pretty stellar across the board.  Grade is 82 overall.  I think he was bad in pass protection but has improved but they are still reluctant to leave him out there. 

His PFF pass block grade is based on only 5 snaps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Jones had 2 bad mistakes.  He had a bad drop and then let a defender come in unimpeded.  The drop probably would have been overlooked but not letting Rodgers get blowed up.

Amazing what one can see watching the games and not just siting stats. 

Amazing game, and I almost came back from near 20 points down to win, Adams+Crosby got me 42.9, Rodgers got my opponent 23.9, I lost 102.3 to 102.2    :bash:   

Yes I left plenty of points on my bench, Landry only had 1.1, Trubisky outscored Dalton, Barber/Cohen/Coleman outscored my 2 starting RB and Funchess outscored all WR but Adams. 

Edited by stevegrab

Will never understand the desire to turn halftime into some lame short concert with some artist most at the game don't care about, and that includes the Super Bowl. I never watch halftime, NFL games are action, not commercials and singers. (All hail the DVR)

On 10/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, michaelredd9 said:

His PFF pass block grade is based on only 5 snaps.

They still have him rated at 80+% on pass blocking after that game.  The announcers mentioned him not picking up a blitz but I rewatched that play, he faked a handoff to the L of the line and the blitzer/rusher came from the R end.  They said it was his mistake but I am not so sure that was even his blocking responsibility.  Anyway, the coaches see his pass blocking in practice not me.  I think McCarthy is just very very afraid of any injury to Rodgers given what he saw last year when he was out.  McCarthy nearly lost his job.  If Rodgers got injured he probably would. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, purplemonster said:

They still have him rated at 80+% on pass blocking after that game.  The announcers mentioned him not picking up a blitz but I rewatched that play, he faked a handoff to the L of the line and the blitzer/rusher came from the R end.  They said it was his mistake but I am not so sure that was even his blocking responsibility.  Anyway, the coaches see his pass blocking in practice not me.  I think McCarthy is just very very afraid of any injury to Rodgers given what he saw last year when he was out.  McCarthy nearly lost his job.  If Rodgers got injured he probably would. 

That's good news that play wasn't Jones' fault.  I think you're right that he must be screwing up in practice.  He has been outsnapped by both Montgomery and Williams both of the last 2 games despite averaging more than 5 yards a carry in all 4 games he has played this year.  He looks like an All-Pro when he rushes the ball.  I'm still optimistic that he'll become lead dog at some point this year.