[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to trade for Michel or Mixon

teenwolf711

Trying to re-engage a trade for Michel or Mixon. Do you guys think i have the pieces to get him without tearing down my team? Standard League. 

My Team:

QB: Brees, Winston

RBs: Kamara. McCaffrey, Hyde, A jones, Barber

WRs: Hill, Thielen, Fuller, Funchess, Kupp

TEs: Burton

His Team:

QB: Stafford, Manning

RBs: Elliot, Michel, Mixon, Blue

WRs: Adams, Cooper, Jones Jr, Shepard, Stills

TEs: Kittle, Engram

I don’t think a non kamara/mcc rb and a non Thielen/Hill gets it done.  So a Hyde/fuller for instance isn’t enough. I also don’t think adding Winston for instance would tip the scales enough for him. I think you would need to part ways with Thielen or Hill as he needs wr help. However given your roster construction I don’t think I’d do that deal if I were you.

id throw a Winston, Hyde, fuller at him and if he doesn’t take that  (likely scenario) hold tight. 

Edited by Faulty Plumbing

i think you waited one week too long as Hyde's value is on the way down. 

I'd open with Brees (great sell high candidate right now) + Fuller + Hyde for either RB, but i'd be willing to settle at Brees + Kupp + Hyde for either RB + Stafford in case he's driving hard for a better WR in return. If he requests Thielen or Hill, I'd shut the conversation down.

4 minutes ago, ClayMC said:

I'd open with Brees (great sell high candidate right now) + Fuller + Hyde for either RB, but i'd be willing to settle at Brees + Kupp + Hyde for either RB + Stafford in case he's driving hard for a better WR in return. If he requests Thielen or Hill, I'd shut the conversation down.

Yeah man i tried engaging him earlier in the week i offered him Fuller+Hyde for Mixon or Michel. He said it was a fair deal but wanted to wait to see how this week went before accepting anything. So that blew up in my face as Hyde's value went down with his crap performance. Yeah i have no plans on trading Thielen or Hill. The other problem is i am 6-0, and if people think i am making my team that much better won't be willing to trade. sob! 

37 minutes ago, ClayMC said:

Don't you think that's too much for Michel? He's been playing very well but you know Patriots running backs get put in the doghouse a lot. They've always been inconsistent in previous years.

Edited by DarkProto05

I think 

19 minutes ago, DarkProto05 said:

Don't you think that's too much for Michel? He's been playing very well but you know Patriots receivers get put in the doghouse a lot. They've always been inconsistent in previous years.

I agree and think that’s too much. I like Sony and he’s round out your stable of RBs very nicely, but Brees, kupp, Hyde feels like too much to me.

44 minutes ago, DarkProto05 said:

Don't you think that's too much for Michel? He's been playing very well but you know Patriots running backs get put in the doghouse a lot. They've always been inconsistent in previous years.

24 minutes ago, Faulty Plumbing said:

I think 

I agree and think that’s too much. I like Sony and he’s round out your stable of RBs very nicely, but Brees, kupp, Hyde feels like too much to me.

Yeah i think that is too much as well. Gonna try with my original offer and see where that goes. 

57 minutes ago, teenwolf711 said:

Yeah i think that is too much as well. Gonna try with my original offer and see where that goes. 

maybe i'm just too bearish on Brees and Hyde. If you can convince the other manager to take less, than obviously do, but trading on actual value and not perceived value, i think my proposal is fair.

i just don't see Brees being any better than a top-10 QB moving forward. His best statistical days of 2018 are behind him. With Kamara and Ingram both healthy and playing, they've proven to eat into Brees's value quite a bit in the past. I like Brees better than Stafford ROS, but i feel the difference isn't nearly as great as most people think it is. And i wouldn't be buying Hyde in any leagues. Selling him last week would have been far better than selling him this week, but i think selling him this week is still better than holding on to him.

I'd shoot for Mixon over Michel, but I stand my original proposal. If you had to trade Brees, Hyde, and Kupp for Michel and Stafford, i think you still come out ahead. If you can sub in Fuller for Kupp and Mixon for Michel, even better.

1 hour ago, ClayMC said:

maybe i'm just too bearish on Brees and Hyde. If you can convince the other manager to take less, than obviously do, but trading on actual value and not perceived value, i think my proposal is fair.

i just don't see Brees being any better than a top-10 QB moving forward. His best statistical days of 2018 are behind him. With Kamara and Ingram both healthy and playing, they've proven to eat into Brees's value quite a bit in the past. I like Brees better than Stafford ROS, but i feel the difference isn't nearly as great as most people think it is. And i wouldn't be buying Hyde in any leagues. Selling him last week would have been far better than selling him this week, but i think selling him this week is still better than holding on to him.

I'd shoot for Mixon over Michel, but I stand my original proposal. If you had to trade Brees, Hyde, and Kupp for Michel and Stafford, i think you still come out ahead. If you can sub in Fuller for Kupp and Mixon for Michel, even better.

I totally get your rationale. We'll see what happens and i appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!