[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vampire league suggestions

char92474

Matthew Berry has been talking about the Vampire League he  is in this year and I'm looking to start one next year.  For anyone not familiar with this, it's a league where one guy (the vampire) doesn't draft at all.  After the other 9 or 11 teams draft (depending on if it's a 10 or 12 team league), the vampire selects his roster off of the waiver wire.  Every week, if the vampire wins his game, he gets to trade one of his starting players for a player from his opponent's starting lineup at the same position (so if the vampire wins, he could trade one of his rbs for a starting rb off of the other team).  Since he can only trade for players his opponent starts that week, his opponent has the option of leaving his best players on the bench, taking a loss and thus limiting the players the vampire can choose.

I think this sounds like a lot of fun, but he has two rules I'm not sure if I would institute. One is that the teams that draft can't do any add/drops all year.  The other  is that he doesn't allow any trades other than the vampire/losing team trades. 

Instead of not allowing the teams that draft to do add/drops, I think I would change it so that the vampire can do as many add/drops as he wants on Wednesday, then the rest of the league goes through waivers on Thursday.  So they can still make moves, but the vampire has first dibs on everyone.

I think I would also allow trades.  For one thing, I always want to encourage owners to stay as active as possible. Second, it could help out the vampire. Let's say the Vampire owns Mahomes and AJ Green.  The week he plays the guy who owns (and starts) Matt Ryan and Michael Thomas, Mahomes has the bye and he picks up Eli Manning to start.  If the Vampire wins that week, he could trade Eli for Matt Ryan, which would make the other team much weaker but doesn't help the vampire at all (he already has a great QB in Mahomes).  So he'd probably trade Green for Thomas, even though the upgrade isn't as big.  If you do allow trades, he could trade  Eli for Ryan, then flip Matt Ryan for an upgrade elsewhere.  

Does anyone already play in a league like this?  What are you rules?  Would you change them if you could?

Ive been following the vampire league and find it really interesting... ran it by some of my regular league guys and no one was interested.

I'd definitely be into trying one...

your rule changes seem to make sense ...but maybe need to be fine tuned....like maybe trades only involving the vampire are allowed.

You want to trade with team b you need to integrate the vampire into the trade as a 3 team trade-- or maybe get the vampires approval.

The possibilities are endless...