[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chubb or Johnson?

michaelredd9

Chubb could have had a second TD when he got the ball to the 1/2 yard line on another GL carry.   They opted to try and QB sneak it with Mayfield on the next play (never a good idea with Mayfield).  We'd be talking about how he had an RB1 point outing in his first start if that was the case :)  

• Like 1

Not sure if it was this thread or another one here about CLE RBs, somebody said Duke was getting the start, but Chubb was out there on the first play by offensive and the announcer even called him the starter.

I checked PFR site and he is shown as starter for game, Duke Johnson was a starter in week 2, Hyde started the other games.  Games started stats are pretty meaningless in NFL, I only use them in looking for complete games, especially with QBs.  (Played in 13, started 11 means 2 games in relief.)

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure if it was this thread or another one here about CLE RBs, somebody said Duke was getting the start, but Chubb was out there on the first play by offensive and the announcer even called him the starter.

I checked PFR site and he is shown as starter for game, Duke Johnson was a starter in week 2, Hyde started the other games.  Games started stats are pretty meaningless in NFL, I only use them in looking for complete games, especially with QBs.  (Played in 13, started 11 means 2 games in relief.)

I know Roto reported Duke as the 'starter' for that game, and I think other outlets said the same thing, I don't recall what they were citing though.