[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Melvin Gordon downgraded to Questionable

michaelredd9

Ruh roh

Melvin Gordon downgraded to questionable

Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2018, 4:42 PM EDT

The Chargers face the Titans in London on Sunday morning, and there’s currently a greater chance than there was a day ago that running back Melvin Gordon won’t be available to play.

The Chargers have downgraded Gordon to questionable with a hamstring injury. To make matters more ominous, they have promoted running back Detrez Newsome to the 53-man roster.

Gordon was limited in practice on Friday, but he had no injury designation. Coach Anthony Lynn downplayed the situation as the product of dehydration arising from the long flight to England.

If Gordon can’t play, Austin Ekeler could be in line for a bigger role. Even if Gordon plays, there’s a chance he won’t have his normal workload.

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Gordon was limited in practice on Friday, but he had no injury designation. Coach Anthony Lynn downplayed the situation as the product of dehydration arising from the long flight to England.

Usually getting switched to questionable late in the week isn't a good sign.  Hopefully Coach Lynn's explanation is true.  I myself have gotten dehydrated a few times while flying.  Ain't no way I'm spending $4 on a water.  Way to stand up for consumer rights, Melvin!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

why not bring an empty water bottle through TSA and fill up at a water fountain? With my family of four, I bring at least a gallon of water on the plane... what if we're stuck on the runway for hours?

also, do you buy the team's "explanation"?

I do the same thing.  A lot airports even have water fountains on airside that are made for water bottles and disperse filtered water. 

The team might be playing shenanigans and wanted the Titans to prepare for Melvin while knowing he would be out.  I think there is at least a 20% chance that Melvin doesn't play.  Fortunately, it is a 9:30am ET kickoff so we should know beforehand.

• Thanks 1

sucks. I worked all weekend and usually do a league update sweep Sunday morning. This being the early game , I totally missed it and he is in my lineup