[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cooper to Cowboys

ThatDude

In another thread I said I thought Cooper was worth a 3rd or 4th and couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to pay a 1st rounder.

I am highly confident that literally 75% of Huddlers would make a better GM than whomever is making the calls in Dallas. There is absolutely zero check on owner's stupidity and losing franchises like the Cowboys get there for a reason.

In other news, Gruden should have made this Cooper deal for a 1st rounder and kept Mack. Then he'd be on to something. 

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

is Cooper good enough that this forces the team to realize that Dak isn't that good?

Cooper isn't remotely good enough to make that distinction since he historically drops catchable passes anyway,

You know, if the Cowboys had offered a first round pick for Earl Thomas (before he got injured) that deal would have been done. Sure, he's older than Cooper but still the best safety in the league. What would you rather have, a perennial all-pro safety or an underperforming wide receiver?

1 hour ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Far be it from me to be a voice of reason for once (and maybe this isn't the time)...but let's see how this plays out.  The other alternative involved factng never ending 8-9 man fronts.

Could be right, maybe a wakeup for old stonehands....  but a first rounder?????  Cowboys have too many needs to give that up.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think dez's production issue was Dak, meaning l doubt Cooper does well there

Agreed.  Cooper will get more love than he did in Oak though so he'll have a chance to prove himself.  This can only help Elliott's production.  

I have a feeling Gallup is going to languish in mediocrity now as well.