[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cooper to Cowboys

ThatDude

Gonna hold out hope here.  He's dropped some passes in his day but remains one of the better route runners in the league.  If Dak has made the pretty average Cole Beasley into a startable WR in PPR formats, I'm gonna hope that this move means Cooper finally realizes his value.  Full disclosure, I own Cooper in a league and hoping for the best.  Won't be shocked if he languishes away though.

21 hours ago, DMD said:

a FIRST ROUND PICK??????????????????

Four of his last six games were under 20 yards.

FIRST ROUND?

Have a cigarette, Jon. Man that is ridiculous.

30 targets in 6 games, how much do you expect him to be doing with low numbers like that?

I agree DAL overpaid, 1st is too much. But he could help the Cowboys be competitive and it won't be hard to win that division and go the playoffs. 

Cooper was Pro Bowl his first 2 years, something like 90-1000-5 each season. Then fell off last year, when the Raiders started to stink. He's got 10 games with the Cowboys, I think he can produce in that time. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Well I think it’s safe to say Cooper was worth the 1st rd pick

Yup, still hated giving it up. 

He is making a below average passer like Dak look good. If we sign Dak to a fat long term contract, we will never get to the next level , i dont care if our D turns in to the 85 Bears

34 minutes ago, whomper said:

He is making a below average passer like Dak look good. If we sign Dak to a fat long term contract, we will never get to the next level , i dont care if our D turns in to the 85 Bears

Dak made some unbelievably terrible throws yesterday.  He just cannot throw a consistent, accurate, long ball.

43 minutes ago, irish said:

Dak made some unbelievably terrible throws yesterday.  He just cannot throw a consistent, accurate, long ball.

I have said it before and Ill say it again. Big heart, great character , not and NFL caliber passer . He has missed Gallup 2 weeks in a row on what should have been an easy in stride bomb for a TD . Floating terrible passes over wide open receivers . Anything over 10 yards is a crapshoot . I love the direction the Cowboys are headed in. they are the 3rd youngest team in the NFL. They have a fast swarming D and if that whole O line is intact , that running game hums . I just don't think Dak is the guy. I don't care what his record is since he has taken over. He is smoke and mirrors . They should take the east and it will be good to get some playoff experience with this young group. They have a punchers chance in the playoffs but I don't think they have the O to make a splash. Hopefully I am wrong and I would certainly be pleasantly surprised . Either way , we are finally heading in the right direction

51 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

If Dak can make Cooper a WR1, what was Carr/Oakland/Gruden's problem? (Man crush on Jared Cook and Seth "Bad Hands" Roberts?)

They don't have the Cowboys OL or Zeke, and no real running game now, making defense of the pass so much easier. 

BTW  Amari Cooper had 2 very good seasons (1070, 1153 rec yds) in OAK to start his career, with Carr (but not Gruden). He had a down year in 2017, then a really bad start to this season. He had 32 targets (22rec) in 6 games in OAK, so far he has 53 targets (40rec) in 6 games in Dallas. He's getting nearly twice the number of looks per game. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, stevegrab said:

They don't have the Cowboys OL or Zeke, and no real running game now, making defense of the pass so much easier. 

That's a good point. The Raiders' o-line is dreadful this seaon and Carr has no time to throw, much less progress through reads or let plays develop. And there's no Raiders rush offense to respect. Still, it seemed like Carr didn't even look Cooper's way earlier this season. Still, it's not like there's a legitimate receiving threat opposite Cooper to prevent double teams, unless a safety is always being used to spy Zeke. You can put some of this on Cooper, too. I read comments he made about the trade opening his eyes. So being rejuvenated or woken up, either way some of his lack of production in Oakland can be put on him.

Edited by Tripleshot

10 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

That's a good point. The Raiders' o-line is dreadful this seaon and Carr has no time to throw, much less progress through reads or let plays develop. And there's no Raiders rush offense to respect. Still, it seemed like Carr didn't even look Cooper's way earlier this season. Still, it's not like there's a legitimate receiving threat opposite Cooper to prevent double teams, unless a safety is always being used to spy Zeke. You can put some of this on Cooper, too. I read comments he made about the trade opening his eyes. So being rejuvenated or woken up, either way some of his lack of production in Oakland can be put on him.

It boils down to a fairly simple equation:

Actual threat of a run game + above average route runner = better production

• Like 1