[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday night announcing crew

There will never be the John Madden, Al micheals duo of old, but I find myself enjoying these two. I think Witten is a good fit. 

I have to say I miss my childhood. Monday night was like luxury every week looking forward homemade nachos & Maddens xs & os!

Cheers to the legend!

23 minutes ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

There will never be the John Madden, Al micheals duo of old, but I find myself enjoying these two. I think Witten is a good fit. 

I have to say I miss my childhood. Monday night was like luxury every week looking forward homemade nachos & Maddens xs & os!

Cheers to the legend!

Its a train wreck.

23 minutes ago, PPIchamp said:

That "halftime show", did that really just happen? So glad I bowed out of pop culture a dozen years ago.

Rap used to be bad but better. I can’t stand the culture driven production. They get anybody who may have the look or personality & has written some rhymes in a notebook & blow him up. He’s not an artist he’s a business. 

13 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

That "halftime show", did that really just happen? So glad I bowed out of pop culture a dozen years ago.

I was trying to figure out whether that was legit, or if we were being trolled.  Still not sure.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I must be in the minority here as I this years crew absolutely drives me nuts. I loved Jason Witten as a player and from all reports he seems like a genuinely nice person but he shouldn't be on MNF. He is so nervous he stutters over his words and I cringe when they show him on camera. Shuffling from foot to foot or when they catch him reading from a script when they cut in unexpectedly. Sterotore Is OK except he over dramatizes everything including the MONDAY..............NIGHT...............FOOTBALL. I do like Booger except the whole "boog", "Witt", "Tess' nickname barrage they unleash. I mean, I don't need to hear boog and witt 98 times in 3 hours.

I cannot stand the new crew. Witten has insight but tries to hard to say cute/funny things all the time. Joe is just boring to me, no emotion, nearly monotone announcing. I feel like I'm watching a HS game sometimes. Booger is funny and also has some good insight, but dude we don't need to hear about players sitting on the bench doing their business there instead of going to use a real toilet. 

I keep trying to like these guys, but they're a far cry from most former MNF crews. At least they are not Beth Mowins bad.

PS  I never watch halftime, just garbage psuedo entertainment or talking heads talking endlessly. 

2 hours ago, myfinsin09 said:

I must be in the minority here as I this years crew absolutely drives me nuts. I loved Jason Witten as a player and from all reports he seems like a genuinely nice person but he shouldn't be on MNF. He is so nervous he stutters over his words and I cringe when they show him on camera. Shuffling from foot to foot or when they catch him reading from a script when they cut in unexpectedly. Sterotore Is OK except he over dramatizes everything including the MONDAY..............NIGHT...............FOOTBALL. I do like Booger except the whole "boog", "Witt", "Tess' nickname barrage they unleash. I mean, I don't need to hear boog and witt 98 times in 3 hours.

Ugh.  I am rooting for Witten.  He knows what he's talking about.  Half the time he sounds fairly comfortable, the other half ... like you said ... he comes across as nervous.  We're 7 weeks in, he should be over the nervousness.  Again, really... really rooting for him, but I could see them cutting bait.  Heck, McFarland makes more commentary than he does.  I don't even get the whole McFarland thing.  Wow, he's on some moving platform that goes up and down the sidelines.  Neat.  Hiring him totally undermined Witten's growth as a color guy.  

Bottom line, they should have gone with Joe Thomas, scratched the McFarland gimmick, and Witten could have been helping the Cowboys.  

Edited by darin3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Ugh.  I am rooting for Witten.  He knows what he's talking about.  Half the time he sounds fairly comfortable, the other half ... like you said ... he comes across as nervous.  We're 7 weeks in, he should be over the nervousness.  Again, really... really rooting for him, but I could see them cutting bait.  Heck, McFarland makes more commentary than he does.  I don't even get the whole McFarland thing.  Wow, he's on some moving platform that goes up and down the sidelines.  Neat.  Hiring him totally undermined Witten's growth as a color guy.  

Bottom line, they should have gone with Joe Thomas, scratched the McFarland gimmick, and Witten could have been helping the Cowboys.  

Joe Thomas wasn't a big enough name to make a splash in MNF crew that was needed after Gruden and Tirico left. 

Booger has some good vantage point allowed by his position, so that is interesting in itself. Not sure how much he's undermined Witten. It just sounds like amateur hour to me, not a big game. This is the reason why NFL wanted the broadcast partner for TNF to use their lead announcers, not some low level crew. Prime Time games should sound like a big deal. 

Can hope they improve, or grow on us. 

The MNF crew is terrible. Worst since the Dennis Miller experiment......"Warner had more hands in his face than an OB-GYN delivering Vishnu's triplets!" Remember him going on and on during a broadcast about how the NFL needs a cup cam, dude was terrible. This crew sucks imo, but at least they didn't try to bring in a comedian.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chiefswarpath said:

The MNF crew is terrible. Worst since the Dennis Miller experiment......"Warner had more hands in his face than an OB-GYN delivering Vishnu's triplets!" Remember him going on and on during a broadcast about how the NFL needs a cup cam, dude was terrible. This crew sucks imo, but at least they didn't try to bring in a comedian.  

Him trying to explain his supposed high brow humor to football fans was hilarious. Worst addition to the booth ever, well maybe second behind Tony Kornhole

On 10/25/2018 at 8:04 AM, stevegrab said:

Him trying to explain his supposed high brow humor to football fans was hilarious. Worst addition to the booth ever, well maybe second behind Tony Kornhole

My goodness, totally forgot about the Kornheiser experiment.  That was turrible. :weird: