[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derek Car next on the block for Oakland?

jamesplante11

This article came from "The Athletic".  The Athletic is a new subscription-based sports website.  They also ran another article saying that the veteran players are questioning Jon Gruden's accountability.  Both articles are using anonymous sources.  Both articles could be complete fabrications.  They are looking for subscribers and are maybe willing to do anything to get them.  When I clicked on the article they had an advertisement for 40% off of an annual subscription.  But I had to act quickly because the deal was only going to last 38 more minutes (it had a timer counting down).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

This article came from "The Athletic".  The Athletic is a new subscription-based sports website.  They also ran another article saying that the veteran players are questioning Jon Gruden's accountability.  Both articles are using anonymous sources.  Both articles could be complete fabrications.  They are looking for subscribers and are maybe willing to do anything to get them.  When I clicked on the article they had an advertisement for 40% off of an annual subscription.  But I had to act quickly because the deal was only going to last 38 more minutes (it had a timer counting down).

They have been cannibalizing sports departments at various media outlets in major markets attempting to get top writers for their new subscription site. 

Not sure any of this means their story or source is less credible than others, the sports reporting is about 80% rumor these days, few of these stories predicting what is going to happen come true. I think some of these reporters have their own idea of what they think will happen, then find some source who will agree, or at least not flat out deny it.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:44 PM, michaelredd9 said:

His confidence is shot.  David Carr redux.

I think David Carr was the much more talented of the two as well.  David Carr's confidence being rattled is justifiable.. he got sacked 208 times in 4 years with the Texans.  Derek has been sacked 108 times in 5 years :lol:  He's just meh.