[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can Anyone Explain This? (WITH AMAZING VISUALS! :D :D)

kdko

Okay, so I haven't picked up anybody off waivers this week, but am somehow 1 spot behind the person that has picked up like 4 people already today.  Waiver order inverses every week, but I can't for the life of me figure out why he's still 1 spot above me.  I'm trying to pick up someone tomorrow and the thought he might beat me to him (he needs a WR) is vexing me.

1.png

2.png

Edited by kdko

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

i'm only replying because I do enjoy the word "vex". But I can't remember what movie I enjoyed it being used it. Also, "tasks"...

Khan: [paraphrase from Melville's Moby Dick] He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!

Glad I could entertain 

:moon:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theirish said:

He never used his waiver. He only picked up people who were a free agent.

Hmmm, you can't see it but Spider 2YBanana picked up 2 FA's who were previously unowned (Bengals D/ST & Raheem Mostart), but is below me now on the waiver order despite being a lower seed than me :thinking:

My brother has had the #1 priority in my local since week 1 but has made the most waiver moves. I’m second in moves and have #2 priority since week 3. We both work late, both of us and a few other people are up at 3 am and fight on the waivers without using our priorities. As long as they’re a FA you can pick them up before waivers clear. This is where the ultra fantasy freaks come in vs average joe fantasy player lol.

15 minutes ago, bpkrufus said:

My brother has had the #1 priority in my local since week 1 but has made the most waiver moves. I’m second in moves and have #2 priority since week 3. We both work late, both of us and a few other people are up at 3 am and fight on the waivers without using our priorities. As long as they’re a FA you can pick them up before waivers clear. This is where the ultra fantasy freaks come in vs average joe fantasy player lol.

I guess so, but if you're so worried about maintaining a high spot during the course of the week you're taking a risk by not putting in waivers on Tuesday night.  The ultra fantasy freaks pick up the good players a week before the break out :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdko said:

I guess so, but if you're so worried about maintaining a high spot during the course of the week you're taking a risk by not putting in waivers on Tuesday night.  The ultra fantasy freaks pick up the good players a week before the break out :D

Not necessarily, if there’s a super obvious person to get on waivers me or I assume my brother will get him obviously. That’s not happened so far. Like you said we pick up the good players a week before their break out. That’s why we are up at 3 am getting players without using our priority. I’ve picked up half of my team from waivers without using my priority. We are picking up people before they break out like you said. Nobody is using their priority on back ups before the starter gets hurt. We pick up players due to a likely injury to occur to a player for the current week. Few other things are taking into account also. This season my waiver grabs are 30% successful to 70% not. But, if you’re making enough moves, that’s pretty damn good. 

8 hours ago, bpkrufus said:

Not necessarily, if there’s a super obvious person to get on waivers me or I assume my brother will get him obviously. That’s not happened so far. Like you said we pick up the good players a week before their break out. That’s why we are up at 3 am getting players without using our priority. I’ve picked up half of my team from waivers without using my priority. We are picking up people before they break out like you said. Nobody is using their priority on back ups before the starter gets hurt. We pick up players due to a likely injury to occur to a player for the current week. Few other things are taking into account also. This season my waiver grabs are 30% successful to 70% not. But, if you’re making enough moves, that’s pretty damn good. 

I'm not sure I understand what being up at 3AM does for you?  Are players released on waiver runs immediately free agents?

We don't do that in our league, anybody released has to clear waivers. Our first waiver run is Tue night (happens Wed approx 2AM), anybody released has to go on waivers. This past week I needed a backup kicker, wasn't going to drop my other kicker and was struggling with who to release (I'd rather have most anybody over that 2nd kicker). Then I realized it was Saturday, and anybody I cut would go on waivers for a full day, meaning they're on waivers until next week (the 1 day is a full day, so no matter when on Sat, not available until after Sunday game starts)

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i'm only replying because I do enjoy the word "vex". But I can't remember what movie I enjoyed it being used it. Also, "tasks"...

Khan: [paraphrase from Melville's Moby Dick] He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!

Suicide Squad......    Harley Quinn says she can be quite vexing or something to that effect.

:bag:  ashamed I know this without having to look it up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I'm not sure I understand what being up at 3AM does for you?  Are players released on waiver runs immediately free agents?

We don't do that in our league, anybody released has to clear waivers. Our first waiver run is Tue night (happens Wed approx 2AM), anybody released has to go on waivers. This past week I needed a backup kicker, wasn't going to drop my other kicker and was struggling with who to release (I'd rather have most anybody over that 2nd kicker). Then I realized it was Saturday, and anybody I cut would go on waivers for a full day, meaning they're on waivers until next week (the 1 day is a full day, so no matter when on Sat, not available until after Sunday game starts)

At 3am is when waivers clear in our league on Tue night/Wed morning. People that has used their priority and put in for a player will get their player at 3 am. After peoples priorities go through, players are released on waivers and you can pick anybody up. This is a thing in most leagues unless of course your league doesn’t do it. It’s usually just a couple people that are willing to stay up that late and not use priority. Over half my local does it though. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

maybe draft better?

Obviously you’re not a waiver wire guru like me.

Ok thanks, sitting there waiting for all guys on waivers to become free agents so you have your pick without using your priority. But if they have enough value you use your waiver priority. I suspect one owner started doing this 3AM waiver campout and then others felt the need to be first. Doubt most owners see the value compared to getting a good night's sleep. 

PS  if most of these moves you make are after they clear waivers, you shouldn't call them waiver moves, they're free agents, you just got first shot since you first were online.