[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Removing Owner

Gourdeau

Need some advice. Been commish for my main local league with all my buddies for 10 years, this is our 11th. Its a fun league but also very serious, $100 buy in, keepers etc. Lots of trades and very knowledgeable to the game. We've had 9 solid guys for that whole time and always struggled to find a 10th guy that fits in. We've gone through 4 different guys. The current guy has been in for 4 years. Herein is the problem...

1 Owner who happens to be my brother, can't stand this guy, and most of us agree, #10 is a total d bag. Like the standard twitter troll essentially. We see him 5 mins before live draft, he leaves right after. He chimes in once in a blue moon in the group chat (only if he's winning). He doesn't trade, doesn't respond to trades and doesn't partake in any conversation regarding rule changes etc.

The most important thing to us is that he is not "one of the guys". We get together 2 or 3 times during the season and then at Superbowl, he never attends and actually at our next gathering I didn't even invite him cause it's super awkward to have him around. We went the 9 of us to Pittsburgh and Philly for our 10th season for a back to back Sunday- Monday games and he didn't come and we were thrilled... 

So my brother wants him out and has pretty much said, its him or me, and is seeking individual support from the other guys.

The problem is, aside from everything listed above, he sets his lineup and pays his money.. As commish I am in a tough spot. we've had guys that were great to hang out with but that wouldn't set their lineups, guys that wouldn't pay until I basically threatened them etc.. I feel like on one hand, the 9 guys have been a group for 11 seasons, and it's our league and we want a guy that is both active and good to socialize with, but on the other hand,

can I really boot him out based on the above ?

Edited by Gourdeau

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yes, if it was a re-draft league. You have a FF league based on socializing, so it's fine if y'all have that requirement. I disagree, i think he should remain, but it is your league.

however, just technically, since it's some form of dynasty league, you need to buy him out because he might have been making moves with regards to the future. it's not cool to kick an owner out of any form of dynasty/keeper unless he's a detriment to the functioning of the league.

put it this way, if this was a legal league that had a very large buy-in, the owner would have a legal case for a lawsuit. I'm not a lawyer, so i'm just guessing, but trying to make the point that there's more to this situation.

So, require the objecting owners to:

1. find a new owner (shouldn't be on you); and...

2. buy out the current owner (maybe his last year's fees)?

It's only 1 keeper, so its as close to re-draft as possible without being a full re-draft.. Sorry I should have noted that potential replacements have already been identified. I like the idea of giving him his money back. 

• Thanks 1

Well it's really both, we take the game extremely seriously, but the social aspect of it just heightens the league overall. We've all played in multiple other leagues, and everyone always says that its the group that makes our league so much better. The truth is this issue with this specific #10 has been going on for 2 years now and it's reached a breaking point. 

How did you even find this guy in the first place if he wasn't one of the boys?  Kinda (the really bad word)ed up, but if your replace him with someone who's fun to be around and knows his manure, you'll get over it pretty quick :lol:

Seems like a pretty strange reason to kick someone out of a league just because their anti-social lol. If he sets his line up and has paid I don't see a problem. Just make a group chat without him in it and leave him out of the fantasy gatherings. Just out of curiosity what place is this person in right now lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bpkrufus said:

Seems like a pretty strange reason to kick someone out of a league just because their anti-social lol. If he sets his line up and has paid I don't see a problem. Just make a group chat without him in it and leave him out of the fantasy gatherings. Just out of curiosity what place is this person in right now lol.

Seems like there's more to it than just being anti-social.  He doesn't respond to trade offers.  That's an integral part of the game.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kdko said:

How did you even find this guy in the first place if he wasn't one of the boys?  Kinda (the really bad word)ed up, but if your replace him with someone who's fun to be around and knows his manure, you'll get over it pretty quick :lol:

;) was a co-worker of one of the guys. So I'm thinking he should be the one to do the deed!  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

if you're not comfortable with kicking him for non-FF reasons, tell one of the offending owners to step the (the really bad word) up, be man, and have him tell the other owner that he doesn't fit and wants him to leave.

Why can't the guys who don't like him just speak to him?

I like your thinking. I am very comfortable as long as I have the numbers to support. I should be clear that I 100% agree with the points raised by my brother and those that were echoed by some of the other members. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Seems like there's more to it than just being anti-social.  He doesn't respond to trade offers.  That's an integral part of the game.  

Yup Major, especially when dealing with keepers and draft picks.

14 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

so you've already found another owner?

I have to say, I'm surprised there are that many FF players in Hampton NB, Canada. Or people.

LOL you seem to know very little about Canada, i'm not really surprised, most american's I know learned nothing about Canada in school. No, we don't live in Igloos, no it's not winter all year long .. I'm literally 30 mins from "Murica"  and further south than most Northern States like Minnesota and Dakota. Lots of football fans around here, and the CFL sucks ! 

30 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

You tried to force him to go to Philly or Pittsburgh? I see his dilemma in socializing with the group... ;)

Pittsburgh was such a nice friendly city. Been to lots of different cities, Boston, LA, Chicago, Orlando Miami, LA .. Pittsburgh by FAR the nicest people, Philly, horrendous and truly "philthy"

PS... Please send Brisket from Franklin BBQ ...Austin, and Texas in general is on my bucket list, one thing we dont have in Canada is much of a BBQ scene so anytime I visit Murica I try to find the best local BBQ joint. Great now I'm drooling. 

Thanks for the input gents

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Sure...I'll go stand in line for 5 hours for you. ;)

I all seriousness, Is it worth the wait ? or are there other joints that you can get as good for far less wait time and price ? I suspect because of the "novelty" of the famous Franklin's name, that its very expensive

This is just really weird. Your brother sounds like a complete baby. You can definitely kick the guy out at the end of the year, but the “it’s him or me” angle from your bro is just pathetically childish. I can definitely see, if y’all find someone else cool to recruit in to the 10th spot, kicking this last guy out after the season. But damn, sounds to me like your brother is the problem lmao. He needs to chill

Edited by pegos

Few leagues have a perfect set of owners.  Setting your lineup & paying are the essentials.  You guys don't like him but only see him a few hours per year.  I don't see any issue that most leagues don't have.  I hope he tells his friends he is in a league with nine a$$holes.  

Edited by Ramhock

Sounds like a  Primadonna league to me...I have played in 2 separate leagues for 20 years and I know the guys that will trade and the ones that won’t...it’s part of it, everyone in a given league can’t have the same approach to their team as the other owners. I myself sometimes don’t respond to trade offers because most of the time trade offers favor the person that is sending it and I prefer to build my team by drafting well and working the wire. Am I an chalupa for that? I don’t think so, but I win at a higher percentage than the other owners as well, so they can kiss my ass if they want me to change. Sounds to me that you need to tell your brother to be less sensitive to me!

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i didn't realize there was anything interesting about canada. still not sure.

It doesn't have you ;) and recreational pot is legal :yay:

Great advice from most of the responses. We never kicked anybody out but did have one difficult owner who left on his owner, he was brought on as a co-owner with his brother, then took over that team. We were all happy to see him go after a few years of stretching the rules and being a dbag.

Edited by stevegrab

15 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Pittsburgh was such a nice friendly city. Been to lots of different cities, Boston, LA, Chicago, Orlando Miami, LA .. Pittsburgh by FAR the nicest people, Philly, horrendous and truly "philthy"

PS... Please send Brisket from Franklin BBQ ...Austin, and Texas in general is on my bucket list, one thing we dont have in Canada is much of a BBQ scene so anytime I visit Murica I try to find the best local BBQ joint. Great now I'm drooling. 

Thanks for the input gents

http://coopersbbqaustin.com/

https://blacksbbq.com/austin-menu

Edited by boltnlava