[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is playing Defense on the waiver wire fair?

Pazzoman

Hey Everyone,

I recently posted up if i should use a number 1 waiver to block my oppenent from getting a great qb match up this week,  andy agaisnt tampa (my league qb gets a lot of points 6 points pet td, 300+ yards gets 5 point bonus). So he only has dak on his team and has not yet picked up and quarter backs, because andy is only availible via claim. So i assume he put a claim in for him, judging that he also is 5-2, he defintly is. So as of right now i will block him from Andy...however i can do far worse than that i realize. After claming andy, i can drop him for the next 2 best quarterbacks. Since than they will only be availible via waiver claim october 31. I can force him to play Sam darnold agaisnt bears. So in yor opinion is that fair for me to go defense on the waivers...?

i mean i can literally force him to not take any quarterbacks... or should I just block andy and let him pick from Alex/eli/case/sam?

basically im guaranteed to lose next week so defintly need this win or i will drop out of top 6.

Edited by Pazzoman

All is fair in love and fantasy football. I just blocked my nephew from picking up Marlon Mack as a replacement for his injured Sony Michel. He already had Nyheim Hines on his roster last week and played Hines along with Michel, not realizing that Mack was going to take the bulk of the snaps and go off. Then Michel went down with the knee injury, and I knew he would make a b-line for Mack at waivers this week. So I clipped him and scooped up both Mack and Dalvin Cook (who someone dropped this week), leaving him with no options other then Duke Johnson. But that's the way it goes. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.  

Appreciate the replies, i have a feeling the dude is going to complain to the commish tomorrow when ge realizes that he can only choose from bortles n sam darnold. While everyone else cant be claimed till wednesday. He is Lucky im leaving him those 2. Could have shut them out too. I plan on doing it one more time when eli is availible since, i think he could have a big game. Eli weird like that

Waiver wire defense with a playoff spot at stake? Absolutely. I’ve had it done to me (got lucky and won filling in Kapri Bibbs). Did I hear you right though - costing you a #1 WW spot? That’s a valuable thing if a starting RB goes down. I assume that’s past by now and Dalton is a FA? 

If you you want to make it easier for complainers to swallow,  immediately snag Dalton and put him in as your starting QB. Then yank him 15-20 min before kickoff (11:00 game?). You were going to start him because of matchup but changed your mind. 

I could be wrong but I believe Yahoo has taken steps to prevent people from cycling through players like this. I picked up Alfred Morris a couple weeks ago when Breida looked to be questionable. On the same day, Hyde was traded, so I dropped Morris for Chubb, and I noticed Morris didn’t go to waivers (at least he didn’t go to waivers for the full 2 days; I’m not sure how long after the drop I noticed this, but it definitely was within the normal 2-day waiver period).

3 hours ago, ClayMC said:

I could be wrong but I believe Yahoo has taken steps to prevent people from cycling through players like this. I picked up Alfred Morris a couple weeks ago when Breida looked to be questionable. On the same day, Hyde was traded, so I dropped Morris for Chubb, and I noticed Morris didn’t go to waivers (at least he didn’t go to waivers for the full 2 days; I’m not sure how long after the drop I noticed this, but it definitely was within the normal 2-day waiver period).

I think if a player is picked up and dropped within the waiver. They can't be picked up again by anybody until the next waiver runs. And if you drop them yourself you can't pick them up at all in the next waiver. But you can pick them up after waivers if they aren't

Thanks fir the replies, i have considered, not using my waiver. I just pulled it. I currently made a trade that strips me of more running back depth. So i think i might need to hold on to that number one for an injury or pick up. Im crossing my fingers i still beat him. Thanks however will continue considering defense on the waiver wire