[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hue Jackson OUT in Cleveland

darin3

Coaching in college has a lot of benefits over NFL.  No owner breathing down your neck. A new set of players to mold every year, complete roster turnover every 2-3 years. If you are a top program like OK you get your pick of the best. You rarely lose, and you are loved by the fans.  Even without watching much college football at all I can see how the successful coaches in top programs have very little desire to jump to the NFL. Look at Chip Kelly, will he ever return to the level he was at Oregon? 

Sure some could say (of Riley or any college coach that comes to CLE) they are the Browns, nobody can win there. But they'll still take a step back and not get a job a good as what they left. 

The only thing similar with the Browns is a constant roster turnover because of limited talent and poor drafting. 

PS  James thanks for the video, will give it a look. 

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

Never said I was brilliant

Neither does anyone else. Gee I wonder why.

Oh snap, that's right:  because you're a retard.  No wonder your panties are all in knots, being reminded of it and all.  My bad.

• Like 1

the brother of my ex-girlfriend has Down's. I cannot tell you how upset the family got when the "r" word was heard. So much so that I became sensitive to its use. I was a career "R" word user and now never do. I think any future use should be filtered to BeeR

Edited by loaf
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Great video on Kitchens, I know that I said I didn't want to clutter the forum when I sent it to @stevegrab but Its a pretty good 6 min watch

Hmm, was hoping that video would tell me why I should feel good about Kitchens being OC, other than info on who he worked with (Arians etc.) it was not helpful. Great story, interesting video but nothing much to give me confidence. 

Line is 9.5, O/U I saw was 51,   so KC wins in a blowout 40-12 

59 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Hmm, was hoping that video would tell me why I should feel good about Kitchens being OC, other than info on who he worked with (Arians etc.) it was not helpful. Great story, interesting video but nothing much to give me confidence. 

Line is 9.5, O/U I saw was 51,   so KC wins in a blowout 40-12 

The crazy part about the line is that it opened at 10.5, then after Jackson and Haley were fired it dropped to 9.5

47 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

The crazy part about the line is that it opened at 10.5, then after Jackson and Haley were fired it dropped to 9.5

Not crazy really, don't you think they'll be at least a little better without the dysfunctional duo on board?

11 hours ago, BeeR said:

Neither does anyone else. Gee I wonder why.

Oh snap, that's right:  because you're a retard.  No wonder your panties are all in knots, being reminded of it and all.  My bad.

I'd rather have my panties in a knot than have zero class.  

And :lol: at "oh snap".  People actually say that?  

Yup, "your bad".

Better check the settings on your time machine, Doc. 

Edited by darin3
  • Thanks 1

This game worries me as a Chiefs fan. Gregg Williams is a damn lunatic, and I could see him throwing some dough around to whip his defense into a frenzy. Just hoping the Chiefs can come out of this game healthy.

I would not be shocked to see the Browns win this game. Considering betting them to at least cover.

4 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

This game worries me as a Chiefs fan. Gregg Williams is a damn lunatic, and I could see him throwing some dough around to whip his defense into a frenzy. Just hoping the Chiefs can come out of this game healthy.

I would not be shocked to see the Browns win this game. Considering betting them to at least cover.

Had to check the injury report, I though Hill missed some practice one day but he's good to go, Mahommes and Hunt and Kelce and Hill you are going to steamroll Greg's D.  Browns lose by 2 TDs.

I looked up the record for teams the week after firing a coach. CD, I don’t think the Browns win, but covering the spread is a possibility. I don’t bet on games but I would probably take the points 

These teams have gone 9-13 (41%) SU, a marked improvement from how they played before the head coach leaving town. Combined, the 22 teams had a 58-160 (26.6%) record before the coach was relieved of his duties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loaf said:

I looked up the record for teams the week after firing a coach. CD, I don’t think the Browns win, but covering the spread is a possibility. I don’t bet on games but I would probably take the points 

These teams have gone 9-13 (41%) SU, a marked improvement from how they played before the head coach leaving town. Combined, the 22 teams had a 58-160 (26.6%) record before the coach was relieved of his duties.

I remember when the Chiefs beat an undefeated Packers team at Arrowhead the week after Haley was fired. Chiefs were a huge underdog that day.

But then again, I think that was the day the Victory Pants made their debut.

20 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

I remember when the Chiefs beat an undefeated Packers team at Arrowhead the week after Haley was fired. Chiefs were a huge underdog that day.

But then again, I think that was the day the Victory Pants made their debut.

:pc: Earlier than that:

And you wouldn't wear them against your son.