[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon back at it

DMD

Rapoport tweeted that Gordon is going to be held out of the game for a quarter for tardiness. Now that is not a huge deal for his production, but just how bad is his head that he is already messing up an opportunity that he didn't deserve? Wow. And he's in the one place that they just won't tolerate him being stupid.

Just amazing. He has to have personal issues that teams try to keep at controlled so they can benefit from his physical abilities.  How many chances does he get?

2 hours ago, DMD said:

Rapoport tweeted that Gordon is going to be held out of the game for a quarter for tardiness. Now that is not a huge deal for his production, but just how bad is his head that he is already messing up an opportunity that he didn't deserve? Wow. And he's in the one place that they just won't tolerate him being stupid.

Just amazing. He has to have personal issues that teams try to keep at controlled so they can benefit from his physical abilities.  How many chances does he get?

Surprised they didn't deactivate Gordon for the whole game.

Belichick is getting soft in his old age. ;)

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Surprised they didn't deactivate Gordon for the whole game.

Belichick is getting soft in his old age. ;)

He's been targeted 3 times with one reception on NE's 2nd possession.  If he was benched, then it was for a single series. I missed their first deries so maybe he was starting all along.  

correction: He started.  Ian Rappaport was completely wrong. 

Edited by Dcat

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol... should be the opposite... if CLE is trading a player, beware... I think back to CLE landing a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson

Don't ever bring that up again.  :angry: 

As for Gordon, I wouldn't put anything into it.  Late for a mtg?  BFD.  That can happen to anyone.  Not excusing him but it's not like he did 3 oz of coke or beat up his girlfriend.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Anyone else starting to realize that maybe Gordon just isn't that good anymore ? He really hasnt done anything more than catch a few TDs since he returned last year. 

Yep.  Hate to beat a dead horse, but again its been 5 years since his superstar year.  Lots of changes since then.  

22 hours ago, Dcat said:

He's been targeted 3 times with one reception on NE's 2nd possession.  If he was benched, then it was for a single series. I missed their first deries so maybe he was starting all along.  

correction: He started.  Ian Rappaport was completely wrong. 

How does the guy that works for NFL Media get this wrong, it sounded like it was reported by the Pats to the league that his happened and they were benching him. After the game BB says he doesn't know anything about it. I don't suppose Ian gave some explanation afterward, before posting his next thousand tweets on things that are certain to happen. 

Pats were rumored to be looking at several WRs before trade deadline, could be they already see that Gordon is going to flake, or as others have said just not that good. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How does the guy that works for NFL Media get this wrong, it sounded like it was reported by the Pats to the league that his happened and they were benching him. After the game BB says he doesn't know anything about it. I don't suppose Ian gave some explanation afterward, before posting his next thousand tweets on things that are certain to happen. 

Pats were rumored to be looking at several WRs before trade deadline, could be they already see that Gordon is going to flake, or as others have said just not that good. 

If it doesn't come from Glazer or Shefty, I don't believe it 100% until I see it from Glazer or Shefty 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

If it doesn't come from Glazer or Shefty, I don't believe it 100% until I see it from Glazer or Shefty 

Shame all the TV announcers don't do the same, they run with every rumor it seems like. They looked pretty dumb on MNF saying he would sit to start the game then tell us he's on the field for the first play. Of course they didn't say much after that. 

I'll need to take Rappaport with a larger grain of salt.