[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daily Fantasy question

DMD

I play daily casually. I was in a contest on one of the DFS sites that had one contest for 4000 or so players. 

When the contest was over, I like to look at the ridiculous lineup that won 1st place ($10k). 4000 players and someone gets that lucky lineup. Thing is, there were two of them with that winning lineup so each got $8,800 (splitting #1 and #2 money).

They were both the same owner. He had 26 more teams in the money and 16 out of the money.

So, why did he have 2 of the winning teams?

Kinda a turnoff on playing DFS to me.

18 minutes ago, DMD said:

I play daily casually. I was in a contest on one of the DFS sites that had one contest for 4000 or so players. 

When the contest was over, I like to look at the ridiculous lineup that won 1st place ($10k). 4000 players and someone gets that lucky lineup. Thing is, there were two of them with that winning lineup so each got $8,800 (splitting #1 and #2 money).

They were both the same owner. He had 26 more teams in the money and 16 out of the money.

So, why did he have 2 of the winning teams?

Kinda a turnoff on playing DFS to me.

I only do the single entry contests because those sharks with the computer generated hundreds/thousands of lineups ruin the multi-entry big money contests.

• Like 1

I like to stick to 50/50 contests, half win, half lose, smaller payouts but it stays fun and you can actually win consistently. The type contests you speak of are dominated by the online professional gamblers that specialize in daily fantasy sports with sophisticated statistical software, large bank rolls giving them the ability to enter multiple lineups. The bigger the payouts the more lineups they submit....10's, 100's, even 1000's. On another FF forum there was a guy, I forget his name, that made his living via daily fantasy and had a thread going that provided a lot of insight and he also had some stuff on youtube. He had gotten his start in online poker and when that died out he switched to daily fantasy and many other former online poker players switched over as well. Try some 10 - 100 player 50/50 contests. I usually would stick to the $2 - $10 contests and enter anywhere from 20 - 50 of them. If you were in the money say in a $2 contest you'd win back $3.80.

I honestly believe it's rigged to an extent. Not every contest no but if anyone thinks those sites cant use computers and software to auto update lineups with the current highest scorers you're out to lunch. It's almost impossible to keep track of who has what lineups especially in the bigger contests.

I spent a few minutes on YouTube past night in fact and watched some very telling videos with some sketchy looking stuff going on that people were tracking and videotaping live as it happened. 

3 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I honestly believe it's rigged to an extent. Not every contest no but if anyone thinks those sites cant use computers and software to auto update lineups with the current highest scorers you're out to lunch. It's almost impossible to keep track of who has what lineups especially in the bigger contests.

I spent a few minutes on YouTube past night in fact and watched some very telling videos with some sketchy looking stuff going on that people were tracking and videotaping live as it happened. 

This 100%.

2 minutes ago, heehawks said:

This 100%.

I was done playing the day I saw the winning lineup in my contest a few years ago had a third string RB that had barely touched the ball all year and the two rbs ahead of him had just happened to get hurt in game and he went off. Can't recall who it was. Wish I had recorded it

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

I only do the single entry contests because those sharks with the computer generated hundreds/thousands of lineups ruin the multi-entry big money contests.

I either do this or the 3 entry limit contests. I'll enter the same lineup 3 times @ $3/$5 each.  Sometime I'll enter a 2nd lineup for one of those entries.

,I stopped playing because I do not trust the integrity of the companies that run them.    Not saying they are doing it on purpose but I read where employees were playing and winning.    The bots that people use to generate lineups with every combination of certain key positions.    Feel like I have no shot to ever win.    Legalized gambling will destroy this business and they know it and that is why they are getting into it in NJ.   

If you’re not playing single entry’s you are already losing. All the sharks are playing all the multi entry’s. They even play the $1 entry’s. They are running software, bots, have inside info and get first knowledge of injuries before anyone else. A lot of current and former online pro poker players are the sharks in DFS. I use too play mid stakes online poker. I know a few players that have quit online poker and switched too DFS and Sports betting straight up for a living! Do not play multi entry’s, you have a better chance of winning the lotto. 

92% of people who play DFS lose money. This was included in the NY AG lawsuit back in the day. There is a zero percent chance that people aren't gaming the system unfairly.

I don't think people who win consistently have access to insider information - I think they are just outright cheating by one or various mechanisms.

2 hours ago, bpkrufus said:

If you’re not playing single entry’s you are already losing. All the sharks are playing all the multi entry’s. They even play the $1 entry’s. They are running software, bots, have inside info and get first knowledge of injuries before anyone else. A lot of current and former online pro poker players are the sharks in DFS. I use too play mid stakes online poker. I know a few players that have quit online poker and switched too DFS and Sports betting straight up for a living! Do not play multi entry’s, you have a better chance of winning the lotto. 

I'm certain there are ways around the single entry crap. Multiple accounts , payment options, VPV services. Don't trust any of it

57 minutes ago, soopanuts said:

All that said, I do like taking a stab at the Sunday million with a lotto pick lineup. Cashed for 2x or 3x a couple times. Fun to do even though I know the odds are seriously stacked against me.

Yeah I love entering some lottery ticket lineups.  Why not.  I do the $0.25 entry one each week just to have a lineup in.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, Gourdeau said:

What kind of stuff?

entries that didn't seem mathematically possible budget wise, entries with players having high points total who's game hadn't even started yet, 1 guy was showing his lineup compared to another "well known winner" lineup, they had 2 or 3 of the same players. The poster's entry showed the their games hadn't started and had no points, where as the "well known winners" lineup, those same 3 players somehow had points generated for the lineup.  I'm not sure what the advantage of them doing that would be, but there must be a reason. 

I joined a league with 6-7 guys that throw in $10 a week and play against each other with the winner taking all. It's fun and we don't have to worry about the sharks stealing the winnings. At least I know who I lose to. I have also made some $$ doing this. I will only play 50/50 games if I play the general public and have had a lot of success. The same rule of gambling applies to DFS, "the house always wins."