[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golden Taint to Philly

kdko

On 10/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, Dcat said:

Tate won't hurt Jeffery's production at all in fact it will be a boon to Jeffery down field.  It's Agholar whose value drops even lower than it already was.

Exactly, as both are slot receivers, and Nelson was bad on the outside....

On 10/30/2018 at 9:24 PM, League_Champion said:

Tate won't be in the slot, he'll be opposite Jeffrey. Matthews will get cut. Especially when Wallace comes back. 

70% of Tate's snaps come with him lined up in the slot....

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/golden-tate/

Edited by jamesplante11
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He'll be in the slot at times but Dougy P said he'll be lined up opposite Alshon with Aghalor back in the slot. Nonetheless he should be very productive in that scheme.

I've owned him in 1 dynasty for years, he's rarely ever on the outside and when he is he's rarely targeted. Dougy P would be wise to re-think his plans

Just now, Gourdeau said:

I've owned him in 1 dynasty for years, he's rarely ever on the outside and when he is he's rarely targeted. Dougy P would be wise to re-think his plans

Dougy P isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed at times. If it's against the grain he'll do it. I agree with you but they still need a deep threat. Aghalor was at his best in the slot. Who's outside with Alshon?

Well I'f I'm paying a 3rd round pick for Tate, I'm using him where he is best, Nelson is probably better outside than Tate, he's much bigger, vice versa, Tate is far and away better than Nelson in the slot role, so until Wallace returns I'd Keep Nelson outside, once wallace returns, move him out 

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Well I'f I'm paying a 3rd round pick for Tate, I'm using him where he is best, Nelson is probably better outside than Tate, he's much bigger, vice versa, Tate is far and away better than Nelson in the slot role, so until Wallace returns I'd Keep Nelson outside, once wallace returns, move him out 

I agree. Aghalor would be the odd man out. He hasn't been productive at all on the outside. When in the slot he's been very good. If Wallace comes back healthy his speed will be huge. 

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Tate might have a negative effect on Ertz.  Tight ends and slot receivers run a lot of the same routes and occupy the same part of field.  A not insignificant amount of Ertz's short passing game targets could get diverted Tate's way.

Ertz and Wentz are Boys on & off the field. Ertz will always get his. I think it will be Tate running free with Alshon getting 1 on 1 coverage finally. That's a lot of toys for Wentz. And when they go to 2 tight end sets who's gonna match up with Goedert, nobody.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy crunching numbers, and have time with being out of the playoffs....

Tate 4 games, 27 targets, 18rec, 182yds, 1TD

Jeffrey and other receivers (omiitted RBs) over those 4 games (T-target, R-rec, Y-yards)

Jeffrey  21T, 14R, 151Y, 0TD

Agholor 18T, 10R, 151Y, 0TD

Ertz       37T, 32R, 334Y, 3TD

Matthews 10T, 7R, 56Y, 1TD

Goedert  10T, 3R, 33Y, 0TD

Seems he is the #2 option behind Ertz, Agholor's target/rec numbers are lower than Jeffrey over those 4 games, but Agholor is better over the season, probably due to playing 3 more games than Jeffery. 

Tate has more targets and receptions in 4 games than Jordan Matthews does in 10.

Ertz has 121 targets in 12 games, 94 in the first 8, so his targets are down a bit (almost 12 per game vs. bit over 9 per game, down about 2.5 targets/game). 

19 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I enjoy crunching numbers, and have time with being out of the playoffs....

Tate 4 games, 27 targets, 18rec, 182yds, 1TD

Jeffrey and other receivers (omiitted RBs) over those 4 games (T-target, R-rec, Y-yards)

Jeffrey  21T, 14R, 151Y, 0TD

Agholor 18T, 10R, 151Y, 0TD

Ertz       37T, 32R, 334Y, 3TD

Matthews 10T, 7R, 56Y, 1TD

Goedert  10T, 3R, 33Y, 0TD

Seems he is the #2 option behind Ertz, Agholor's target/rec numbers are lower than Jeffrey over those 4 games, but Agholor is better over the season, probably due to playing 3 more games than Jeffery. 

Tate has more targets and receptions in 4 games than Jordan Matthews does in 10.

Ertz has 121 targets in 12 games, 94 in the first 8, so his targets are down a bit (almost 12 per game vs. bit over 9 per game, down about 2.5 targets/game). 

Good stuff, thanks. I think you'll see those numbers start to level off now that Tate is more familiar with the offense and is assuming a bigger role. Wentz finally spread the ball around this week pretty nicely. Prior to that it was all Ertz and Jeffrey.