[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Skins add Dix

ThatDude

6 minutes ago, Big John said:

He would become a UFA and he wouldn't re-sign with the Packers.  Now they have a serious hole in the secondary,  though coachspeak would say they have it covered likely converting a CB to safety.

Wasn't Josh Jones a safety tweener in college, maybe see him at free now? 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

He wasn't seeing playing time because he was performing poorly. Putting him in now would be a disaster.

Jermaine Whitehead is supposedly next man up according to Rotoworld.  He put up 6 solos and 1 assist against the Rams.  But raw numbers don't always tell the full story as to a defender's value to the team.

When the Packers brought in Brian Gutenkunst, they said part of the reason was that they wanted a general manager who was active in free agency.  So Ha Ha's expiring contract could net a compensatory pick for another team but probably not for the Packers.  It still seems strange to trade an integral part of the defense on a team with playoff aspirations.

Clinton-Dix was rated pretty highly at safety by PFF, for what it's worth.  i think like the 6th or 7th highest rated safety.  I find it hard to believe that Tramon Williams is "going to be more reliable" than Clinton-Dix.  But I am not an expert on the Pack personnel.  I just find this to be an odd trade for all the reasons Michael mentioned.