TheFalcoholic

Aaron Jones Value?

I'm not sure the trade means anything. Jones was/is the best RB on the team and not getting used. Will he get the touches he deserves? That's up to the coaches. Ty only received 26 carries and 23 targets through 8 games, so it's not like he was *taking* much from Jones.

I think it's been game plans. I mean, GB has run the ball, between their three RBs, only 133 times over 8 games. A handful of RBs have that many carries and Gurley has 169 carries. A half dozen RBs have almost or more than the three GB RBs COMBINED. Sounds like a coaching issue, not a player/competition issue.

It has been perplexing why McCarthy hasn't featured him more.  But McCarthy might be on the hot seat and he might feel he needs to feature Jones to quell criticism.  I don't think it'll be surprising if Jones starts averaging 15-18 carries.  It would be nice if he started getting more receptions, too.  But that could easily come.  I think Jones could be a top-5 running back rest-of-season.  If you are thinking of trading for him, you might try to do it now since he could explode at any time.  You won't be able to trade for him if he has a game with 20 carries, 130 yards, and 2 touchdowns.  Even now, his trade value is high.

• Like 1

I must be big on deferred gratification bc I have been stashing J Gordon and A Jones all year.  Hopefully I will be able to use those two before hell freezes over 

anyone trust him this week? Any homers listening to sports talk have any insight whether the coaches will trust him?

I think he is a solid play but a little dependent on TDs. I don't think the fumble is going to cost him carries unless he keeps coughing up the ball. Miami sucks against the run and there is a big upside to him this week.

If he doesn't go off this week something went horribly wrong. He's too talented not to gash the dolphins. Starting with (way too much) confidence lol.

Edited by NFL343

Yeah agree with past couple of posters here.  This week should be a big indicator of future success.  I've been on this guy since his days at UTEP.  I watched him single-handedly destroy a very good University of Texas run D a few years ago.  He looked special, and if given the opportunity I think he can produce consistently.  Let's see what happens this week.  I could see 100 total yards and a TD.

Well I played Aaron Jones this week. My second time playing him. And McCarthy finally came through for me.  I mean I guess when you're averaging 13 yards of carry it's a little hard to ignore somebody.