[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders vs 49ers Game Day Thread

League_Champion

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

location and poor logistical traffic design.  moving that far south lost many core fans (more corporate, so more fringe).  traffic is a bear around here in general and the stadium is a nightmare for transportation.  The time of the thrusday games does not help with rush hour also.

I guess like lots of California nobody is where they need to be.  Everything is at least 30 minutes away, maybe 60 or more. I grew up in LA and still have family there and visit, 45-60 minutes just to go visit a friend is nothing. If there are traffic headaches why don't more people take off work? Didn't even look the crowd got better later, basically almost half empty and that was with a lot of Raider fans. 

Attendance was listed a 69000+, guessing close to capacity, and no way that many people were there. Or are their large areas inside usable by many seats that could have fans out of view?

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I guess like lots of California nobody is where they need to be.  Everything is at least 30 minutes away, maybe 60 or more. I grew up in LA and still have family there and visit, 45-60 minutes just to go visit a friend is nothing. If there are traffic headaches why don't more people take off work? Didn't even look the crowd got better later, basically almost half empty and that was with a lot of Raider fans. 

Attendance was listed a 69000+, guessing close to capacity, and no way that many people were there. Or are their large areas inside usable by many seats that could have fans out of view?

I admit that i did not look for attendance and team colors while watching the game last night.  I grew up in San Francisco and even just getting to the stick wasn't fun.  Levi is 48 miles south of my parent's house and if i left their house right now it would take 1 1/2 hrs to get there (minimal to moderate traffic at the moment).  There are a lot of transplants further south and the East Bay (Raiders fans) is actually closer to the stadium.  I also imagine that corporations bought many seats and they tend to be more of a fringe fan base.

6 hours ago, whomper said:

:tup: 

:lol: