[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam Bradford released... has there ever been....

Papa Deuce

a guy who made more money in the NFL for:

1.Not  being any good at all

2. Being a  pansy ass.... holding out immediately after singing a deal because his feelings were hurt.

3. Probably played less than 40% of games due to injury.

Local radio said he made $130 Million over his - ahem - career.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He's stolen more money than any criminal in American history. It's absolutely unbelievable. 

Blame those owners, GMs, and presidents for paying that $$$. We can't blame him for accepting the money.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 5

On 11/4/2018 at 10:04 AM, DanTheMan_5 said:

If memory serves, Bradford was the last player taken #1 overall before they changed the draft compensation policy. 

And I have to say, I am glad they changed the rookie pay scale, except now maybe it's swung a little in the opposite direction.  Basically to compete to need to hit on a rookie QB or some outstanding rookie who is paid jack so you can pay for everyone else.  Maybe that's fine, but teams like Eagles, Rams have a significant advantage with excellent QB play at a fraction of the cost.  Brady plays at a discount so the Pats can sign good players.  I think he is the Bortles range.  

17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

And I have to say, I am glad they changed the rookie pay scale, except now maybe it's swung a little in the opposite direction.  Basically to compete to need to hit on a rookie QB or some outstanding rookie who is paid jack so you can pay for everyone else.  Maybe that's fine, but teams like Eagles, Rams have a significant advantage with excellent QB play at a fraction of the cost.  Brady plays at a discount so the Pats can sign good players.  I think he is the Bortles range.  

Actually Bortles makes more, annual salary average of $18M, Brady is only $15M (but he has a $5M incentive bonus for 2019 that isn't included in that number). 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Actually Bortles makes more, annual salary average of $18M, Brady is only $15M (but he has a $5M incentive bonus for 2019 that isn't included in that number). 

Folks really need to stop using Brady's salary in any sort of comparison.  :rolleyes: