Papa Deuce

Sam Bradford released... has there ever been....

Recommended Posts

a guy who made more money in the NFL for:

1.Not  being any good at all

2. Being a  pansy ass.... holding out immediately after singing a deal because his feelings were hurt.

3. Probably played less than 40% of games due to injury.

 

Local radio said he made $130 Million over his - ahem - career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He's stolen more money than any criminal in American history. It's absolutely unbelievable. 

Blame those owners, GMs, and presidents for paying that $$$. We can't blame him for accepting the money.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Blame those owners, GMs, and presidents for that paying that $$$. We can't blame him for accepting the money.

 

No, it's definitely not his fault. His agent must be a genius. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He's stolen more money than any criminal in American history. It's absolutely unbelievable. 

lol, you must not follow politics

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so my guess is that AZ tried to trade Bradford and got no takers. By AZ cutting him, the compensatory pick system means that AZ could get a late round pick next draft and definitely means that MN loses comp pick value. Also, if someone signs Bradford, then some of his guaranteed salary gets transferred to his new team in the amount that he signs for, probably just veteran minimum ($1mil or so). Does Bradford want to play next year or retire? If he wants to play, he'll sign for free* and try to prove himself.

* unless the team signs him for more than he's guaranteed, then he gets no additional money than if he simply didn't sign, so, free.

BUF? lol, DEN?

Edited by LordOpie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Sam Bradford is the 14 highest paid QB of all time for his career earnings

 

I actually thought he'd be higher on that list. He's been stealing money for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

I actually thought he'd be higher on that list. He's been stealing money for years.

 

The list is:

P. Manning

E. Manning

Brees

Brady

Rodgers

Rivers

Roethlisberger

Ryan

Stafford

Palmer

Flacco

Smith

Favre

Bradford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL teams either have a top 10 QB or they are desperate to get one.   Bradford always played the line of being just good enough to lead a team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If memory serves, Bradford was the last player taken #1 overall before they changed the draft compensation policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

If memory serves, Bradford was the last player taken #1 overall before they changed the draft compensation policy. 

 

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 1:15 AM, purplemonster said:

Earned $130 million for 83 games played.  Well played sir, well played!

 

1.56 million PER GAME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Papa Deuce said:

 

1.56 million PER GAME.

Leveon Bell is all like, "wtf?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Leveon Bell is all like, "wtf?"

 

People working real jobs read about Bell sitting at home when he could be making $880K per game are like :blink::scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 10:04 AM, DanTheMan_5 said:

If memory serves, Bradford was the last player taken #1 overall before they changed the draft compensation policy. 

 

And I have to say, I am glad they changed the rookie pay scale, except now maybe it's swung a little in the opposite direction.  Basically to compete to need to hit on a rookie QB or some outstanding rookie who is paid jack so you can pay for everyone else.  Maybe that's fine, but teams like Eagles, Rams have a significant advantage with excellent QB play at a fraction of the cost.  Brady plays at a discount so the Pats can sign good players.  I think he is the Bortles range.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's nothing new though, they knew that when he played for the Vikings.  Wonder why you'd pay a guy 15 million guaranteed when he can't play for weeks due to bone on bone issues 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

 

And I have to say, I am glad they changed the rookie pay scale, except now maybe it's swung a little in the opposite direction.  Basically to compete to need to hit on a rookie QB or some outstanding rookie who is paid jack so you can pay for everyone else.  Maybe that's fine, but teams like Eagles, Rams have a significant advantage with excellent QB play at a fraction of the cost.  Brady plays at a discount so the Pats can sign good players.  I think he is the Bortles range.  

 

Actually Bortles makes more, annual salary average of $18M, Brady is only $15M (but he has a $5M incentive bonus for 2019 that isn't included in that number). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

 

Actually Bortles makes more, annual salary average of $18M, Brady is only $15M (but he has a $5M incentive bonus for 2019 that isn't included in that number). 

 

Folks really need to stop using Brady's salary in any sort of comparison.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.