[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking ahead: Is Dalvin Cook an auto-start

DL36

Obviously, nobody's starting Cook on his bye week, but is he a must-start in Week 11? I think there's a case to be made for both sides. 

Start him

-His 70-yard run, which was great on it's own, was the fastest a ballcarrier ran all year, per NFL Next Gen stats

-Saw four targets in the passing game, catching them all

-His ceiling is a lot higher than that of Latavius Murray

Wait and see

-Outside of his big run, he averaged 2.1 YPC on nine carries

-Split carries evenly with Murray

Personally, I'm probably going to start him in Week 11, but I'm curious what you all think. Has he earned your trust, or do you need to see more? 

Further breakdown HERE

I've been a naysayer all year of Cooks due to his injuries.  I like what I saw today from him.  I wouldn't say he is an auto start for week 11, but if you have a bunch of players on bye weeks or players who just aren't better than Cook, you're starting him.  

As of now, I'll start Cook over Cohen in my flex

I would have to say he is definitely an autostart. Mainly for the fact that he was likely a first round draft pick for most fantasy owners, which means one of your RB roster spots has been waiting for him all year. Unless you are really lucky and have clear cut RB1's ahead of him, you have to start Cook.  

2 hours ago, Vikings>Packers said:

I would have to say he is definitely an autostart. Mainly for the fact that he was likely a first round draft pick for most fantasy owners, which means one of your RB roster spots has been waiting for him all year. Unless you are really lucky and have clear cut RB1's ahead of him, you have to start Cook.  

Where you drafted a guy really shouldn't figure in to their role in your team's line-up. I protected Stafford as a keeper (one of 5) but also Trubisky (who I later cut and then re-added), Stafford has been on my bench while I roll with Trubisky. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Where you drafted a guy really shouldn't figure in to their role in your team's line-up. I protected Stafford as a keeper (one of 5) but also Trubisky (who I later cut and then re-added), Stafford has been on my bench while I roll with Trubisky. 

It most definitely does when the guy was a first round draft pick. That means you almost certainly did not drop him, which means you've been trying to find guys to fill his starting spot up until now. Unless you landed a RB1 on the waiver wire up after Week 2, you've probably been using a replacement RB in Cook's place. There are obviously exceptions, but I think for the most part, Cook is a must start for his owners. 

21 hours ago, DL36 said:

Obviously, nobody's starting Cook on his bye week, but is he a must-start in Week 11? I think there's a case to be made for both sides. 

Start him

-His 70-yard run, which was great on it's own, was the fastest a ballcarrier ran all year, per NFL Next Gen stats

-Saw four targets in the passing game, catching them all

-His ceiling is a lot higher than that of Latavius Murray

Wait and see

-Outside of his big run, he averaged 2.1 YPC on nine carries

-Split carries evenly with Murray

Personally, I'm probably going to start him in Week 11, but I'm curious what you all think. Has he earned your trust, or do you need to see more? 

Further breakdown HERE

Pimping your own fantasy football website on ... another fantasy football website.... is pretty weak.

1 hour ago, Vikings>Packers said:

It most definitely does when the guy was a first round draft pick. That means you almost certainly did not drop him, which means you've been trying to find guys to fill his starting spot up until now. Unless you landed a RB1 on the waiver wire up after Week 2, you've probably been using a replacement RB in Cook's place. There are obviously exceptions, but I think for the most part, Cook is a must start for his owners. 

Their chance to score points in the game is all that should matter. You start the guys that get you the most points, not the guys that were drafted first, or the QB because your opponent has the WR from that team. 

You start Cook because your other options are not as good, not because of where he was drafted.