[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm done with FF Fellas

CowboysDiehard

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

every year, in the two dynasty leagues that I'm in which uses VPs, an owner leaves... not too bad really since each league is 16-teams. Do you play dynasty? Any interest? League forums are hosted on this site, so that's convenient.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/forum/253-live-and-let-dy-2/

http://forums.thehuddle.com/forum/224-dy-another-day/

I have interest in Dynasty, but have never played.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

the guys in my league are really good about offering insights, opinions, and rule explanations to new or experienced dynasty owners. I'll send you a PM so I'll remember come February to check in.

Please do... I always seem to be late to the party.

For me, the fun is derived from the process, not the results. Sure, it sucks to lose. But the way I look at it, it's like poker... You make the best decisions at the time, but ultimately you can't control the outcome. You can't do anything about the guys you have on your team once Sunday afternoon rolls around. But you can make decisions about who to acquire and put a plan together to get the team you want. It doesn't always work out, but I have found enjoyment in the process of taking a drafted team and molding it into a contender. Some years it works out, some years it doesn't. At the end of the year, I usually look back at the difference between what I drafted and what I ended up with, and the net is usually quite positive.

I distinctly remember certain seasons where I drafted a dud of a team and had to scratch and claw my way through savvy FAAB bidding and trades to get into the playoffs. And someone earlier in this thread mentioned the dumb luck people who ended up with Cheifs and/or Rams. We had a year like that in 2007 when Romo/Owens and Brady/Moss were both carrying teams to championships. And I remember winning the SB that year with Sage Rosenfels as my starting QB in the playoffs because I had built a solid team everywhere else. Those Rams/Chiefs heavy teams can be one and done with just a mediocre week. 

If you aren't enjoying fantasy football, then walking away makes sense. I took a year off in 2015, and it was a great idea at the time. I needed the break. I was in too many leagues, and I would take it too seriously. Now, I am in one league (main local), and I have more fun just putting my effort into improving that team to give myself a shot at the title. Maybe a year off to recalibrate is the answer. And if you don't miss it, so be it.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 11:45 PM, LordOpie said:

i feel like the "nostack" account is a new acct for an old member?

Swing and miss on that, been a paying member for 10+ years, forum member for 7. Dude wants to quite, he can ride iff into the sunset. No need to fish for pity on an fantasy football forum. Bye Felicia.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nostack said:

Swing and miss on that, been a paying member for 10+ years, forum member for 7. Dude wants to quite, he can ride iff into the sunset. No need to fish for pity on an fantasy football forum. Bye Felicia.

Play or not, I'll still be around.  Not going anywhere, Nutsack.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:15 AM, MTSuper7 said:

For me, the fun is derived from the process, not the results. Sure, it sucks to lose. But the way I look at it, it's like poker... You make the best decisions at the time, but ultimately you can't control the outcome. You can't do anything about the guys you have on your team once Sunday afternoon rolls around. But you can make decisions about who to acquire and put a plan together to get the team you want. It doesn't always work out, but I have found enjoyment in the process of taking a drafted team and molding it into a contender. Some years it works out, some years it doesn't. At the end of the year, I usually look back at the difference between what I drafted and what I ended up with, and the net is usually quite positive.

I distinctly remember certain seasons where I drafted a dud of a team and had to scratch and claw my way through savvy FAAB bidding and trades to get into the playoffs. And someone earlier in this thread mentioned the dumb luck people who ended up with Cheifs and/or Rams. We had a year like that in 2007 when Romo/Owens and Brady/Moss were both carrying teams to championships. And I remember winning the SB that year with Sage Rosenfels as my starting QB in the playoffs because I had built a solid team everywhere else. Those Rams/Chiefs heavy teams can be one and done with just a mediocre week. 

If you aren't enjoying fantasy football, then walking away makes sense. I took a year off in 2015, and it was a great idea at the time. I needed the break. I was in too many leagues, and I would take it too seriously. Now, I am in one league (main local), and I have more fun just putting my effort into improving that team to give myself a shot at the title. Maybe a year off to recalibrate is the answer. And if you don't miss it, so be it.

worst part for me is looking back at the draft and looking at what i possibly could have.....im  maybe 2 picks, that were sitting right there in front of me, from being undefeated in a double W/L league.....in a team that would be basically a juggernaut......i didnt think bell would really sit out so i nabbed yeldon instead of conner....and if i had grabbed theilen in the 3rd like i really should have(ive always loved the guy) id be next to unstoppable.....

On 11/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, LordOpie said:

what I mean is, most people don't need to spend hours and hours doing their own research like we all had to 20 years ago.

Sounds like CowboysDiehard is burned out, so spending all that time would be the opposite of what he needs. Cutting back to 1-2 leagues and using ADP data might be better for him. But I think leagues are won on trading more than anything else and that's economics, not football.

granted, my view is skewed because it's easier to do in dynasty and I haven't played redraft in years, so I'm probably wrong :)

:huh: 

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

Yo Cowboys, just pick the players that score the most points. Duh. 

:wink: 

Us long time Huddlers will miss you... just say'n. Screw the Noobs 

I'm not going anywhere :brew:  I might have been a tad in the bag when I started this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2