[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lets talk about last nights game

few things

did not expect the patriots defense to show up like they did last night...they played well....they made rodgers a bit uncomfy even though they didnt really get to him early..as poor as they play alot of the time there is some talent there.....i was suprised and i was very frustrated in the first half with our offense as it seemd the defense was giving them every chance to seperate and the offense was wasting it

which brings me to the packers defense...they did a pretty good job too early of frustrating brady...he did not look well for most of the game....its tough to fool him but it appeared they were doing that...i think at one point in the 2nd half he was like on a 1-7 stretch which doesnt happen too him often...brady was able to make a great play later on the gordon throw.....

neither guy really seperated themselves in this game in the GOAT talk though....who knows what would have happened if not for the jones fumble...game could have looked completely different

heres my thing with the brady/rodgers debate....i like to use a boxing analogy and im not sure how many guys here are big boxing fans like myself

im curious to see how rodgers looks as he ages....hes obviously the more physically gifted guy...better legs...prob stronger...that wrist flick...ability to make shortstop sidearm throws

he reminds me of roy jones in his physical prime...roy had it all...fast hands, fast feet, godlike reflexes...he was unbeatable....im not sure anyone in history at MW, super MW or even light HW could have beaten roy at his physical peak....roys whole style though was predicated on his ridiculous physical gifts...even hall of fame fighters like hopkins and james toney couldnt do much against roy.....often he was fighting overmatched guys because there just wasnt anyone around that could give him a challenge....he often felt pressure to put on a show....hed showboat...put his hands behind his back...in order to make things interesting for the audience.......he wasnt fundamentally sound....he was toying with most guys...once his physical gifts eroded he was hittable...he was beatable...he couldnt let his hands go the way he used to...he was gun shy even.....

now you take a look at someone like floyd mayweather....in his physical prime he had hand/foot speed and reflexes similar to roys but not quite at that level....older floyd that most know and saw was different from the younger floyd...young floyd was an offensive fighter and a damn good/exciting one....but he kept hurting his hands...in order to preserve them he began fighting in a different way....fundamentally....he relied on years of boxing muscle memory....he trained hard for every guy regardless or whether or not they were on the same level...he learned how to break guys down mentally....to take away their offense...to counter...to set traps....it seemed floyd was often a step or two ahead of his opponent....thus when his physical skills eroded he was still able to break down younger guys rather easily

im curious to see how well rodgers is 4 years or so from now....can he still get away from a would be sack? can he still run away and flick a 30 yard strike down field on the run with precision accuracy? rodgers is amazing....even in a down performance he still made a few throws last night nobody else can really make....but can rodgers still be rodgers at 36? at 38? i dont know...i know brady still knows how to break down a defense on most days and will take what is given to him and take what is there...which is what hes always been excellent at....

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I don't see how one game could be a factor in the GOAT discussion?

I know a lot of people give Brady's credit to Belichek, but a lot of great players had a great coach. I think if you put a 30 yo Brady on CLE then CLE wins muliple superbowls.

oh i agree...i dont think one game makes a difference here....

i dont know if they win multiple superbowls...but they are definitley a winning team....depending on who they had around him he would be 10-12 win team with cleveland....i think a 30 year old brady on this current browns team would be very interesting to see

18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

it'd be interesting to know how many WRs Brady has thrown more than 100 passes to over the years and compare that to other QBs.

It just seems that whoever you put on the field with Brady, they always have a chance at winning.

haha yeah man..hes been through ALOT of guys....but hes also been around so long...it would def be interesting to see some numbers on that though

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:
10 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

haha yeah man..hes been through ALOT of guys....but hes also been around so long...it would def be interesting to see some numbers on that though

it'd be interesting to know how many WRs Brady has thrown more than 100 passes to over the years and compare that to other QBs.

It just seems that whoever you put on the field with Brady, they always have a chance at winning.

TDs to 71 different receivers:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/list-all-receivers-tom-bradys-td-passes

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

just me or is that insane?

For most teams yes, but for the Pats and their ever changing cast of WRs over his 19 year career. Welker was a main stay for a while, but otherwise lots of change and don't forget injuries making nobodies into regular targets. 

I found this for Peyton Manning, 509 TDs among 45 players. And he played on 2 teams, and had some guys as key targets for many years. 

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/peyton-manning-touchdon-pass-receiver-chart-102014

I wonder what Favre looks like, more teams and some of those years in GB saw one WR after another move into a role with injuries.