michaelredd9

Cordarrelle Patterson

Cordarrelle Patterson looked good.  It is hard to predict how much Sony will play rest of season.  Is Cordarrelle a buy?

no. just no.

sorry to be a killjoy

• Like 1

its its pretty hard to tell if this is a new wrinkle they are adding that they think will help the offense and give defenses something to think about.....or they are doing it out of some sense of neccessity

cant forget that in 2011 they tried something like this with aaron hernandez...he actually had 8 carries total between two playoff games that year....he ripped off a 40 yard run against denver in the first couple of minutes of the game...he had some carries in the regular season too..i know some of them may have been on sweep type plays...but i know he had some where he lined up as the single back behind brady

patterson has def looked likes hes tough for defenders to bring down....but he looks like a fumble waiting to happen if you keep feeding him the ball...runs upright....and i think most of his success so far has come with develin leading the way...when hes been by himself behind brady he hasnt faired too well IIRC....

my personal opinion is that they are doing this somewhat out of neccessity...yeah patterson is a valuable return man....and hes def has an explosive element...but that they dont really have a use for him as a receiver right now so they are getting the most out of him...they cant afford to run james white into the ground and get him hurt( we saw him limp/hop off the field sunday night) while they wait for sony  and possibly burkhead to return.......its def resourceful getting use out of patterson who probably wouldnt be doing much else besides kick return duty now....

like i mentioned before...i think hes had some nice runs with a fullback leading the way...but without one i dont think hes faired as well....would be nice if they could work some trickery or play action out of it...it might benefit them...but i feel like they are trying to buy some time for michel and burkhead...and not get white beat up in the process....i think he could be a buy at the right price because you never really know...but i wouldnt go blowing my blind bid wad if you are in contention

• Like 1

It is hard to predict how many any player will play, but Michel is expected to return this week from the reports I'm reading.

Besides with the Pats next time they need a RB to feature it could be 4th string TE Joe Butarski that gets the shot. 

Adam Schwifty is reporting that Sony will play.  I don't believe it.  I think Belichick is playing shenanigans.  Why would he hold him out for a 3rd week against the Packers and then play him the 4th week against the Titans?  And the week 11 bye makes it less plausible.  The television views didn't do a good job showing what exactly happened with Sony's injury.  But it looked like a serious injury.  It could be a 4-6 week injury.  It could also be a season-ending injury and Bill deemed it worthwhile to lose a roster spot in order to make other teams game plan for Sony.  I won't believe Sony is going to play until he actually plays.

Edited by michaelredd9

Cordarelle seems like a gadget guy to me, I am not picking him up. But only Bill knows the mind of Billy Belichick.  Pats RB's are hard to trust normally, and this is even less trustworthy.  

I will roll the dice with him but only out 9f necessity.

6 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Adam Schwifty is reporting that Sony will play.  I don't believe it.  I think Belichick is playing shenanigans.  Why would he hold him out for a 3rd week against the Packers and then play him the 4th week against the Titans?  And the week 11 bye makes it less plausible.  The television views didn't do a good job showing what exactly happened with Sony's injury.  But it looked like a serious injury.  It could be a 4-6 week injury.  It could also be a season-ending injury and Bill deemed it worthwhile to lose a roster spot in order to make other teams game plan for Sony.  I won't believe Sony is going to play until he actually plays.

Everything u said made a little sense till the last two sentences....they don't do anything out of the ordinary with Michel...he's back there and they hand him the ball...he's got like 100 carries n 4 catches..

They've had inuries to Cannon and Shaq Mason on the offensive line....I don't think they are looking to waste a roster space

3 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

Everything u said made a little sense till the last two sentences....they don't do anything out of the ordinary with Michel...he's back there and they hand him the ball...he's got like 100 carries n 4 catches..

They've had inuries to Cannon and Shaq Mason on the offensive line....I don't think they are looking to waste a roster space

He had some good points but went off the deep end of Pats conspiracy. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

He had some good points but went off the deep end of Pats conspiracy. 

I agree with your assessment....

It's not like they do anything real exotic with Michel that's making coaches stay up at night ....Michel has been doing well....he's the worker when they wanna run it ....but I doubt this is some scheme to make coaches quake in fear 

Took a flier on him, i have an extra bench spot to play with and it's fun to have players with dual eligibility.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Took a flier on him, i have an extra bench spot to play with and it's fun to have players with dual eligibility.

yeah i think its def worth a play if its cheap and you have a spot filled with what you feel is garbage

Burkhead is coming back.  He is eligible to play week 13.  This limits Cordarrelle's rest of season value.