[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez officially signs with the Saints

Montana is da Man

He's worth stashing and seeing what he does. There is opportunity there.

It was funny looking for news earlier and only turning up Sean Payton saying this morning "we're just looking, we do this all the time at various positions, it doesn't mean we lack something at that position. I'll let you know if we sign somebody."

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

With Brees throwing to him he's worth a roster spot if anything. I wouldn't go out of my way though.

Agreed, he could flash here and there but it'll be inconsistent and who wants that nightmare to figure out when...I guess someone desperate at the position. Worth a stash, especially in deeper leagues. 

i dont think this is an indictment on smith at all....as whats been mentioned the saints love to use 3-4 receiver sets...austin carr and meredith have been non exisistent.....i believe meredith missed practice today too

if dez had much left in the tank he would have already been in new orleans or somewhere...i think they are really down on carr and meredith

1 hour ago, Rekroot said:

Who would you rather have rest of season Tre’Quan or Dez then? I see Dez being a we/te hybrid like graham or colston.

Neither is going to consistently produce for you. You may get a 3-4 catch 100yd game somewhere, but it'll be on a big play and predicting when will be impossible. 

This is the perfect situation for Dez.  Perfect coach perfect qb.. he knows isn't the guy and he's gotta be humbled by the fact that it took this long. He will never admit that but I think it's going to create a new Dez attitude wise. Talent will still be there, definitely will have lost a step or two but having the most accurate QB in the league and being the #3 wr , no doubt he can make a few big plays a game. That's a great move for both sides

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Dez. That's a big Target for Brees

lol...hes the same size as smith only heavier...and older...with less speed

maybe im very wrong....but i think this is an indictment against carr and meredith...both have done squat and dont look like they can be counted on for much....if dez had anything left in the tank he wouldnt have been a free agent 10 weeks into the season

4 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

maybe im very wrong....but i think this is an indictment against carr and meredith...both have done squat and dont look like they can be counted on for much....if dez had anything left in the tank he wouldnt have been a free agent 10 weeks into the season

He should of went the TE route. The only problem is that he's scared of getting hit. Hehe

3 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I agree to an extent, but Dez had very specific demands, and was not a good fit for many teams.

15 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Dez signed for $1.25 million.  He will end up making $588,000.  And he was offended by a 3-year/$21 million contract offer in the off-season.

I saw there is another half million in incentives, he could earn about 1 million total. No idea what the incentives are, or if realistic to reach them. It was mentioned in Huddle News.

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If Drew Brees makes him look good enough he'll get his money somewhere next year. Seems like Dez played it well. 

Dez has been paid about $57M in 10+ seasons (almost 30 last 2 years in DAL), he should still have some of that money if he fails to get a big payday.