[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Adam Humphries for real?

chiefswarpath

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, it's too late in the season to play games with your roster. Now is the time to build for a deep playoff run. 

This is not good advice, IMO.  Why wouldn't adding a guy like Humphries be building for a deep playoff run?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

We see this all the time. How about when everyone went crazy with John Brown earlier this year? How is that working out? 

Are you trying to be the new pompous jerk of the huddle forums? Just because he doesn't fit your roster or league doesn't mean he doesn't have value for others. Don't care how many leagues you've won either. Nobody is suggesting dropping good players for him or expecting huge numbers.

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Are you trying to be the new pompous jerk of the huddle forums? Just because he doesn't fit your roster or league doesn't mean he doesn't have value for others. Don't care how many leagues you've won either. Nobody is suggesting dropping good players for him or expecting huge numbers.

Whoa, calm down there Steven. It's just my opinion. You can pick him up in as many leagues as you want. I personally think he's another shooting star and have no need for him. If you do, awesome. Good luck my friend

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

We see this all the time. How about when everyone went crazy with John Brown earlier this year? How is that working out? 

:lol:

because there are all-stars available on the ww every week for every team.  Sometimes a 5/60 guy is all that is needed to cover injuries/byes. 

edit: hopefully no one is expecting 30 pts/week from him

Edited by Bier Meister

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Whoa, calm down there Steven. It's just my opinion. You can pick him up in as many leagues as you want. I personally think he's another shooting star and have no need for him. If you do, awesome. Good luck my friend

I'm calm double posting league champ guy. 

Try looking things from a wider perspective. If your league has plenty of better options available good for you, many do not. We have over 200 players rostered in my league, slim pickings on waivers.

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

so pick one of your ppr leagues with 12 teams. 

you need to cover a wr for injury/bye.  who is currently available on your ww?

Listen, if he's what you need go get him. I'm very happy with my lineup. The only thing I'm doing at this point is streaming defenses. I think I'd take a shot on Dez though. I think he may surprise a few.

• Like 1

Just now, stevegrab said:

I'm calm double posting league champ guy. 

Try looking things from a wider perspective. If your league has plenty of better options available good for you, many do not. We have over 200 players rostered in my league, slim pickings on waivers.

So go get him. Don't worry about me. Every league/team is different. I don't understand why your all busted up over my opinion. Isn't this a forum??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Listen, if he's what you need go get him. I'm very happy with my lineup. The only thing I'm doing at this point is streaming defenses. I think I'd take a shot on Dez though. I think he may surprise a few.

Care to share your awesome roster that needs no tweaks, along with how many teams are in your league?

Just now, League_Champion said:

So go get him. Don't worry about me. Every league/team is different. I don't understand why your all busted up over my opinion. Isn't this a forum??

Well yes a forum is for sharing opinions, but yours is solely based on YOUR LEAGUE/TEAM, not general fantasy discussion. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Personally, my teams are doing fine (including two in FFPC).  everything is about projections, expectations, and need.  not every owner is in a good spot.  when i have time, i attempt to provide information and insight to the rest of the board. 

regardless of our assessment of dez, 12 owners cannot attain him in a league. we always need a plan b, c, and d

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Personally, my teams are doing fine (including two in FFPC).  everything is about projections, expectations, and need.  not every owner is in a good spot.  when i have time, i attempt to provide information and insight to the rest of the board. 

regardless of our assessment of dez, 12 owners cannot attain him in a league. we always need a plan b, c, and d

Like I said before, if you need him it's a good pickup. It's a low risk, high reward signing. There's no downside. But I don't need anymore position depth there. I'm good.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

No, it's too late in the season to play games with your roster. Now is the time to build for a deep playoff run. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He won't be on anyone's playoff roster. Not mine. There are soo many better options, why Humphries? A couple ok games doesn't earn a roster spot. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Like I said before, if you need him it's a good pickup. It's a low risk, high reward signing. There's no downside. But I don't need anymore position depth there. I'm good.

that was not your initial stance.