[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers/Steelers TNF

dope man

20 minutes ago, Big John said:

And Conner was last seen in the blue tent.

He's undergoing concussion protocol. 

Le'veon Bell to the white courtesy phone please...

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Connor being removed from the game could just be precautionary since they had a huge lead (speculating).  Reports say he was being evaluated after taking a hit in the 3rd quarter but he returned to the game, only to finally be taken out in the 4th quarter. 

10 minutes ago, buddahj said:

Doh, Roethlisberger riding the pine in 2 leagues. 

Ouch, big night!

ya'll see bell's tweet that said "I think it’s safe to say, it’s time to pass the sticks." 

Is he referring to Conner to pass the sticks back too him LOL

Edited by bpkrufus

So regardless of whether connor is hurt or not, other then a season- ending injury, this was the worst thing that could happen for connor and his fantasy owners. Bell is back in town, ready to report, the Steelers have a huge game and Connor is almost no part of it and might now be hurt with a concussion. The door for Bell's return is now swinging wide open. Had connor gone out and played 150 yards rushing, 2TDs and 2-4 grabs with another 15-30 yards, he would've continued to stake his claim. Now...

47 minutes ago, irish said:

So regardless of whether connor is hurt or not, other then a season- ending injury, this was the worst thing that could happen for connor and his fantasy owners. Bell is back in town, ready to report, the Steelers have a huge game and Connor is almost no part of it and might now be hurt with a concussion. The door for Bell's return is now swinging wide open. Had connor gone out and played 150 yards rushing, 2TDs and 2-4 grabs with another 15-30 yards, he would've continued to stake his claim. Now...

Which is exactly why I think the Steelers did this purposely just to cater to Bell’s ego.  Pathetic if you ask me.

My McCaffrey/Conner against his Cam/Antonio Brown...I have a 14 point lead.

Was hoping for more from Conner but with the blowout and injury, it wasn't meant to be.

I do have Bell waiting on my bench if that move takes place

7 hours ago, buddahj said:

Doh, Roethlisberger riding the pine in 2 leagues. 

I started Rivers over Roethlisberger.  I thought Rivers had a slightly better or safer matchup against the Raiders.  Missing out on Ben's big night doesn't bother me because I know I made the right call or at least there was no wrong call to make.  Sometimes, in hindsight, it is obvious a lineup decision was unnecessary and risky.  That is when it really gets my goat.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I started Rivers over Roethlisberger.  I thought Rivers had a slightly better or safer matchup against the Raiders.  Missing out on Ben's big night doesn't bother me because I know I made the right call or at least there was no wrong call to make.  Sometimes, in hindsight, it is obvious a lineup decision was unnecessary and risky.  That is when it really gets my goat.

Well hopefully Rivers and Fitzpatrick (who in starting) will have solid games 

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

No worry. Rivers will have a huge week as well. 

So much for the best game of the week, almost felt over after PIT got the pick six of Cam to go up 14-7, Panthers never recovered and repeated the turnover after PIT TD later just to make the game a complete disaster. At one point in the game somebody said to me "Panthers really need another score" and my reply was "well they need to figure out how to stop the PIT offense or their scoring won't matter much."

19 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So much for the best game of the week, almost felt over after PIT got the pick six of Cam to go up 14-7, Panthers never recovered and repeated the turnover after PIT TD later just to make the game a complete disaster. At one point in the game somebody said to me "Panthers really need another score" and my reply was "well they need to figure out how to stop the PIT offense or their scoring won't matter much."

yeah it's amazing how 1) dumb that Cam INT was and 2) how it completely derailed their game. I think the Panthers were in trouble no matter what but that TD made the whole game unravel much faster.