[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this cheating??

ZackAttack

So I play in a 10 team PPR league and there's a guy in our league (Andrew)who is 1st place(8-1)

And another guy (Rob) who is last place (1-8).

So Andrew offered Rob a trade, which I and other players think is TOTAL BS. He offered Rob, (Adrian Peterson and Chris hogan) for SAQUON BARKLEY. Rob accepted the trade, and what's even more cynical is that they made this trade accepted the 6:00 am and the league manager upheld it (made it go through automatically) an hour later. So before any of us even woke up the trade was completed. We think this is cheating, what do you guys think? 

26 minutes ago, ZackAttack said:

So I play in a 10 team PPR league and there's a guy in our league (Andrew)who is 1st place(8-1)

And another guy (Rob) who is last place (1-8).

So Andrew offered Rob a trade, which I and other players think is TOTAL BS. He offered Rob, (Adrian Peterson and Chris hogan) for SAQUON BARKLEY. Rob accepted the trade, and what's even more cynical is that they made this trade accepted the 6:00 am and the league manager upheld it (made it go through automatically) an hour later. So before any of us even woke up the trade was completed. We think this is cheating, what do you guys think? 

Unfortunately, unless you can prove collusion, you can't argue.  Yes it looks sketchy as hell, but there's nothing you can do.  Unless there's something written into your league's rules where there is a trade review period... which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.  

13 minutes ago, ZackAttack said:

Well they are both friends and coworkers in real life, they both work at the same place, does that prove collusion? And the league winner gets $500

That'd make it all the more fishy, unfortunately if there's no provisions for trade review there's not much you can do.  I wouldn't take part in the league next year or wouldn't invite those two back if you have any say... but sounds like the commish was duped into allowing it right away.  Sucks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

this, but also, 1-8 is mathematically eliminated.

so many of us claim to use the "eye-test" for whatever. If a 1-8 team making a trade doesn't 100% fail the eye-test, then what does?

There doesn't have to be a rule against this. We know right from wrong. a team that is eliminated from the playoffs should never be trading. You don't need a rule against that, it's just wrong.

100%

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

this, but also, 1-8 is mathematically eliminated.

so many of us claim to use the "eye-test" for whatever. If a 1-8 team making a trade doesn't 100% fail the eye-test, then what does?

There doesn't have to be a rule against this. We know right from wrong. a team that is eliminated from the playoffs should never be trading. You don't need a rule against that, it's just wrong.

I totally agree, and hey guys I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me and I am going to bring this forum thread up to my league mates and see what they all have to say. Keep em coming if you guys have more advice or input. 

I usually the most liberal minded defender of fantasy trades and always see a silver lining to defend a side.  I can’t for the life of me defend this deal outside of this being a keeper league and even then it is a stretch keeping a 34yr old rb.

If I was the 9th and 8th place teams I would give any marketable players to the 2nd place team for peanuts and go tell Andrew and Rob to find a new league next year maybe the league manager too.

Cheating (which was the original question), no. 

Unless there is proof of collusion, which there does not appear to be any.

Sketchy and and one-sided trade, yes.

Problem here is commish never should have approved it for the integrity of the league.  I don't blame either of the owners for trying this, but would likely not play in a league any of the three (Commish, Rob, or Andrew) of them again.

• Thanks 1

they're buddies and work together. It's almost impossible to prove collusion anyway. How do you expect to get a chat log or know of 2 teams conversations anyways. Almost impossible to get evidence of collusion. It's def collusion without evidence. I'd ask for my buy in back, quit never come back or drop all my players and leave. They LM needs to reverse it and allow the league to vote on a veto. I don't see how your whole league isn't raisin cane.

Edited by bpkrufus

I mean,  it's collusion.  There is no other reasonable explanation.  So do what you have to do.  #1 Never play in that league again.  #2. I don't know, you and the rest of the league will have to figure it out.  I agree with asking for your buy-in back.  They can forget about this league next year, no one will play if those two guys and the commissioner are still there. 

Edited by purplemonster

19 hours ago, ZackAttack said:

Well they are both friends and coworkers in real life, they both work at the same place, does that prove collusion? And the league winner gets $500

Nope that doesn't prove collusion, neither does some Dopie guy saying it is.

Is it a keeper league, what are the rosters, what are your rules regarding trades and any "measure of fairness".

manurety trade, and probably collusion, and the commish/manager approving it all at 6AM does seem fishy. We don't vote on trades in our league, me any my co-commish would decide if it is something to challenge, and we've never had that in 25+ years, because we don't have win at all cost cheaters in our league.