[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thielen trade....

El Jefe 92

PPR league...I have a lot of depth but would like to get another great WR.  A guy in my league has serviceable RBs but they aren't great.  He is stacked at WR.  

I'm thinking of offering my Aaron Jones, AP, Larry Fitz, MJJ, Burton for his Thielen.

My RBs:  Conner, Mack, Cook, Chubb, Jones, AP

My WRs: Hopkins, Fitz, MJJ, Golladay, Baldwin

My TEs: Doyle, Olsen, Burton

His RBs: Carson, Crowell, Lewis, Richard

His WRs:  Thielen, Jeffery, Gordon, Cooks, Amendola, Stills

His TE:  Kittle (on a bye next week)

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Your giving up a lot of dead roster space for the best WR in Fantasy this year. He won't do that in a million years. But there's no harm in trying.

I agree it's a long shot but he'll need a TE next week with none on the WW, he's in last place so needs to win the next 3 straight to sniff the playoffs and with only Lewis and Crowell as his RBs this week, thought me might bite.  He's pretty short at RB so i could give up another RB instead of Jones like Chubb to sweeten the deal.  

Edited by El Jefe 92

29 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yes Sir. You can make a two for one deal work but how do you free up 4 roster spots? 

He has two open bench spots because there isn't much on the WW in our league and Bell in the IR slot.  So he'd have to drop two players.  Dropping Stills and Jalen Richard really shouldn't be a big deal for him since he's upgrading those positions.  

Edited by El Jefe 92

4 minutes ago, El Jefe 92 said:

He has two open bench spots because there isn't much on the WW in our league and Bell in the IR slot.  So he'd have to drop two players.  Dropping Stills and Jalen Richard really shouldn't be a big deal for him since he's upgrading those positions.  

Maybe it's worth a shot then. See what he says. It definitely benefits you. 

1 hour ago, MrMom said:

5 for 1? Maybe that could work if they were draft picks lol 

AP is 10th in points scored for RBs in my league, Jones will finish as a top 20 RB going forward.  Fitz and MJJ have both been top 20 WRs the last few years (understand they are both under performing this year but their outlook is trending up).  I don't think I'm giving up terrible players; I do fully understand their value and the fact they're not RB1s and WR1s, thats why I offered 5 players that upgrade him everywhere but WR which he already has Cooks, Jeffery and Gordon.  I've started all of theses players at different times this year so it's not like I'm offering Kenjon Barner for Thielen.  He's short at RB and needs a TE next week. I'm giving him players that would help him win this week and next. Our playoffs start week 13 and he's 3 games back so if he doesn't win this week, he's out of the playoffs. Fully aware it's a long shot, that's why I'm posting it on the forum to get feedback.    

10 minutes ago, El Jefe 92 said:

AP is 10th in points scored for RBs in my league, Jones will finish as a top 20 RB going forward.  Fitz and MJJ have both been top 20 WRs the last few years (understand they are both under performing this year but their outlook is trending up).  I don't think I'm giving up terrible players; I do fully understand their value and the fact they're not RB1s and WR1s, thats why I offered 5 players that upgrade him everywhere but WR which he already has Cooks, Jeffery and Gordon.  I've started all of theses players at different times this year so it's not like I'm offering Kenjon Barner for Thielen.  He's short at RB and needs a TE next week. I'm giving him players that would help him win this week and next. Our playoffs start week 13 and he's 3 games back so if he doesn't win this week, he's out of the playoffs. Fully aware it's a long shot, that's why I'm posting it on the forum to get feedback.    

You don't know till you try. Good luck, keep us posted.

• Thanks 1