[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buy Low on Rob Gronkowski

DL36

He's reportedly not playing this week and he has a bye next week, so I think he's a perfect buy-low candidate

• He's still the TE11 in standard scoring even with his missed time, so it's not like he's bad
  • He showed he can still be dominant back in Week One, so he should be back to form after resting this long
  • He tried playing through his injuries to reach his play time incentives, leading to his relatively lackluster numbers. 

A lot of fantasy owners are frustrated with him and probably don't want to stash him this long. You could get top TE production for pennies on the dollar

Trade deadlines have passed in all leagues I play in(redraft) and he's not on WW's in most leagues if not all so unless we're talking keeper leagues I don't think buying low or grabbing him off waivers is an option at this point of the season. Personally I would avoid that headache.

Edited by slambo

3 minutes ago, slambo said:

Trade deadlines have passed in all leagues I play in(redraft) and he's not on WW's in most leagues if not all so unless we're talking keeper leagues I don't think buying low or grabbing him off waivers is an option at this point of the season. Personally I would avoid that headache.

Really? Most of my leagues the trade deadline is either this week or next. 

Rob Gronmybackhurtski is the definition of high risk/high reward.  His body might be breaking down and it could all be downhill from here.  Or he could rebound and be the number 1 fantasy tight end next year.  I like players who have elite potential even if they are high risk.  I won't hesitate to draft him next year.  I hope that he continues to underperform this year so that he drops in next year's draft.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Rob Gronmybackhurtski is the definition of high risk/high reward.  His body might be breaking down and it could all be downhill from here.  Or he could rebound and be the number 1 fantasy tight end next year.  I like players who have elite potential even if they are high risk.  I won't hesitate to draft him next year.  I hope that he continues to underperform this year so that he drops in next year's draft.

I want to agree with you but with there being so many "high ceiling" TEs out there now, it almost feels like you can grab one of them instead since they also have higher floors.  Kittle comes to mind here for sure... but there are guys like Hooper and Howard that may take the next step in '19.  Add Njoku to that list.

I'm just glad I let Gronk walk in the dynasty league I had him in.  He would have cost me an arm and a leg (and a back, apparently).

• Like 1

Even with his struggles, PFF has Gronk graded as the 5th best tight end this year.  His receiving grade is 77.4.  This time off is possibly what he needed to return to form.  It won't be surprising if he is the highest scoring tight end rest of season.  He has an especially nice week 15 matchup against the Steelers.  The Steelers have given up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to running backs and the 4th most fantasy points to tight ends.  It could easily be a shootout.

Edited by michaelredd9

He's been paid over $54M in his 9 year career, he's due another $10M from NE next year. Should be plenty to grow old on.

He's topped 50 yards only 3 times, one TD, in 7 games, with 3 inactives, and now on bye.  2 games left in the fantasy regular season, and maybe 3 more if your team survived drafting Gronk and having his poor performance.to make the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I don't think money is as much of a concern for Gronk. He could probably make $10 mil a year outside football doing WWE and commercials.

Yikes i dont know about acting...he should have to pay everyone who has had to watch that horrible tide pod commercial 

• Like 1