[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dropping benched TNF players loophole

michaelredd9

I've only seen this when i first started and played on NFL.com (Family league), I've i assumed it was allowed as it tends to be a gateway into real FF leagues, as thus beginner friendly for when you look to set your lineup Sunday morning and realize your players are on bye, then the rule can help maintain interest.  Bush league IMO, and shouldn't be apart of any paid FF format.

There's a huge difference in a league specifically allowing something and owners taking advantage of there not being a rule against it or abusing league software setup or loopholes. I'd never want to "win" that way and I wouldn't want to be in a league with any owner who would.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

There's a huge difference in a league specifically allowing something and owners taking advantage of there not being a rule against it or abusing league software setup or loopholes. I'd never want to "win" that way and I wouldn't want to be in a league with any owner who would.

That's because you have integrity and are not a child, something that clearly doesn't apply to everybody here. 

Yahoo does it on any players as long as you pick up someone who hasn't played yet / on bye

I complained after two managers on Monday dropped guys who were on their bench Sunday and one started the guy they picked up who played Monday night

I was ignored by commish / league so if I have a chance to doing the same - I do

This strategy could really be abused this week.  A running back could be picked up for the early Thursday game, then dropped for another in the late afternoon Thursday game, then dropped for another in the Thursday night game, and then dropped for a player for Sunday.  Kapri Bibbs and Rod Smith could be studs if Peterson or Elliot get hurt.

I have no problem with this rule.  I think it’s fair.  Years ago people always rostered two QBs, two tight ends, two defenses, and two kickers.  My league got pissed at me when I just drafted one kicker, one defense, and one tight end figuring I could use all the other spots on wr/rb.  Now everyone does it for the most part.  

Edited by Profound

On 11/20/2018 at 4:05 PM, Profound said:

I have no problem with this rule.  I think it’s fair.  Years ago people always rostered two QBs, two tight ends, two defenses, and two kickers.  My league got pissed at me when I just drafted one kicker, one defense, and one tight end figuring I could use all the other spots on wr/rb.  Now everyone does it for the most part.  

Two totally different things, without roster requirements if I want 6 kickers or QBs that's fine. Some in our league have only 1 QB with 9 bench spots.