[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How have you kept your team afloat?

NYpkBLUE22

58 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

thats a job well done

in that thread where the guy said he was quitting ff in which he complained about RB talent(which was stupid since theres a whole round of viable rb1's this year) i said theres more than one way to skin a cat...even near the end of the 1st you could have had thomas/adams....and them maybe thielen or hill or something else like ertiz/kelce.....and then filled in around that......looks like you did a good job of that kind  of strategy....

Thanks bud.  I think this might have been the year to zag.  There was a huge rush for RB's across nearly every league, but so much uncertainty.  E.g:  Bells contract dispute, DJs change of coaching staff, Fournette/Cook health, Howard/Cohen timeshare, etc etc.  You could have a WR1 in Rd. 3 with the way that RB's were coming off the board, and later trade them to someone who got lucky on a few.  Gurley and Kamara were about the only 2 RB's I would have felt 100% comfortable drafting at their ADP's, and in hindsight wish I had taken Kamara over AB.

I've managed a 10-1 record in one of my locals with D Cook, L Murray, K Johnson, D Lewis (who I traded for K Allen), M Davis & J Richard (who I dropped for Penny this week) as my RBs. My team has been carried by my WRs and TE...M Thomas-keeper, AJ Green, Juju, and now Allen + Ertz as my TE . But it'll only matter if I can win in the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, buddahj said:

I've managed a 10-1 record in one of my locals with D Cook, L Murray, K Johnson, D Lewis (who I traded for K Allen), M Davis & J Richard (who I dropped for Penny this week) as my RBs. My team has been carried by my WRs and TE...M Thomas-keeper, AJ Green, Juju, and now Allen + Ertz as my TE . But it'll only matter if I can win in the playoffs. 

Seems like this was the year of the WR's at their price.  WR1's in the 3rd?  Sign me up

I've stayed in this season without owning any Rams/Chiefs/Saints by being by far most active on the wire (by something like 30%), being patient, and making a few good trades. I started off 1-2, went on a hot streak and was tied for first, currently reside at 6-4 and in 4th place (4 playoff spots).

A few days after the draft I made a trade that basically saved my season; I got Sanders in exchange for D Henry! Of course we all know what Henry has done and Sanders started the year off very well (he is still something like WR10). I lost a high dead pick early in Delanie Walker and went several weeks trying to find a startable TE. Finally ended up trading Cobb to someone very TE heavy for Njoku literally a few days before he went on his little streak with Mayfield under center. Then also picked up Olsen after the then surprising news he was returning.

I got Lindsay off the wire early. Mack was also a wire add a few days before he returned. I got K Allen in a trade involving Tyler Boyd (whom was also a wire add for me). I bought low on DJ and it has paid off for me big time. Got J Gordon very cheap after his move to the Pats. More recently I acquired Golladay (right after the Tate trade) for beans. The only players on my team still that I drafted are Rodgers, Green, and Zeke lol. I have a pretty decent shot at making the playoffs given my schedule and am sitting at 1st in points scored by quite a wide margin. Current team is Rodgers, Zeke, DJ, Mack, Lindsay, K Allen, J Gordon, Green, Sanders, Golladay, Wash Def and currently have 2 Kickers so I don't have to drop Zuerlein in next week's bye. 

I play in an often times frustrating league because it is extremely tough to find trade partners. There are only 3-4 of us who will trade at all which makes the options pretty limited. I have made between 30-40 waiver moves and also have been involved in more trades than anyone in the league. I think my team ended up looking pretty good to only have 3 players I originally drafted though my WRs are noticeably thin with Green sidelined but I hopefully am strong enough to pull off a couple more wins until he returns.

• Like 1

Like others, I went WR heavy early on because RBs were being bought like it was Black Friday. End of first I drafted Hopkins and on the swing around drafted OBJ. At the beginning of the 3rd I drafted Diggs. I drafted John Brown as a lottery ticket and around week 3, I packaged Diggs and John Brown for A.Brown (he had a slow start) and the other two were hot at the time. I'm still struggling at RB, but not going to complain.

12 team std league. Spent high picks on Bell, A. Cooper and D. Thomas. Ouch. Was able to grab Conner before the season started. Started 1-3 and picked up the Bears D, and George Kittle. Am now 6-4 and lead the league in scoring. Having Brees and M. Ryan to choose between each week has helped too.

Conner saved my arse. I drafted 9th out of 12 in my office league. RB's went early and I didn't see an elite, difference-maker RB left when I picked so I took Hopkins instead. Then I took the best of the remaining RB's left in the 2nd in Cook (ouch). Grabbed Tyreke Hill in the 3rd, Alex Collins in the 4th (meh) and grabbed Ingram in the 5th. I paired up Deshaun Watkins with Hopkins but what really saved this team was picking Conner late. Someone panicked and dropped Kittle after Jimmy G got hurt so I nabbed him immediately and added Murray as well to handcuff to Cook. I've scored the second most points in the league (13 less than the leader) but also have had the second most points scored against me. Sitting in second place at 6-4 (SO much parity in this league) with the league leader at 8-2.

I'm basically screwed in a 10 team PPR dynasty league in 7th place at 4-6.  To make the top four and get into the playoffs the 4th - 6th teams have to lose and I have to win every week.  But they're playing the 8th - 10th teams, who at this point would prefer to lose.  

So I can't win this year and I can't get to the bottom for a better draft next year.  Mediocrity limbo.  Unless, my studs actually start become studs again and my high potential rookies actually evolve into solid players.

QB: Rodgers, Wentz.  Aaron isn't even in the top 10 this year.

WR: Brown and Thielen, Kirk, DJ Moore, Anthony Miller, Coutee, Tyrell Williams.  I traded away Thomas (and Hyde) for Thielen (and Jordan Howard).  Not sure who won that one.

RB: Johnson and Fournette, Ekeler, Drake, Howard.  Grabbed Freeman for my IR spot.

TE: Burton, Reed. Added Heuerman and considering grabbing Hunter Henry for next year.  I think Reed's a lost cause, that dude needs to just retire.

Def: NYJ, PHI, WAS...  basically I played whichever defense had a great matchup and manure the bed that week. 

K: eh, who cares?  As the commish I'm abolishing this position next year for a 2nd Flex spot.

Sadly, in each week in which one or two players had breakout games, the rest often scored in the single digits.  I don't even remember who all I dropped by now.  I've never finished below 3rd place.  So this sucks.