[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2019 2nd ROund pick for Thielen and Julio Jones

Cwhollander

12 person non-PPR league-snake-non keeper 

I am looking to trade 2019’s 2nd round draft pick for Julio Jones and Adam thielen?

the league is talking about vetoing the trade.

The person trading me is rebuilding for next year since he will miss playoffs.  

He already traded Fournette for a 4th rounder.

4 minutes ago, Cwhollander said:

12 person non-PPR league-snake-non keeper 

I am looking to trade 2019’s 2nd round draft pick for Julio Jones and Adam thielen?

the league is talking about vetoing the trade.

The person trading me is rebuilding for next year since he will miss playoffs.  

He already traded Fournette for a 4th rounder.

It's semi-fair if it's for one of them, not both.  It's not fair for both.  It's really the leagues fault for putting such a late trade deadline. 

Julio is probably a 1st rounder tho. Thielen was definitely later than a 2nd rounder this year but will be a 1st or 2nd rounder next year. 

Edited by El Jefe 92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cwhollander said:

But is any of that enough reason to veto?  My understanding  is it should come down to collusion.

How do you really value 2 top picks I will get for 3 weeks and playoffs vs a 2nd rounder he will have al year. 

People are always going to get butthurt with trades towards the end of the year.  It's not fair, per se, but it is legal according to the rules.  It does help both teams.  Again, it's really the fault of the league to make the trade deadline sooner.  What you should do is just trade for 1 of them and push it back to a 3rd rounder.  They can't veto that if they gave up Fournette. 

I got a trade veto'd today in my 2QB league of my Ryan/Mack/Larry Fitz/MJJ for his Brady and Thielen.  I thought it was fair but the league didn't.  I understand I come out ahead but the guy needs a QB this week and I gave him my best one. He's desperate so I benefited.  I didn't think I should be punished because he accepted a trade.  He's still in the running for playoffs too. I'm turning around and offering the same trade minus Brady.  So I give Ryan/Mack/Golladay for Thielen; they can't argue that isn't fair. 

• Thanks 1

That is a ridiculous trade. Completely unfair. You can’t allow a guy to dump two of the top 5 fantasy WRs for a second round pick next year. I can’t believe you even need to ask if it’s fair. Fournette for a 4th is fine, he has been hurt all year and is a gamble to stay healthy and useful for the rest of the season

Edited by Finn5033

8 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

That is a ridiculous trade. Completely unfair. You can’t allow a guy to dump two of the top 5 fantasy WRs for a second round pick next year. I can’t believe you even need to ask if it’s fair. Fournette for a 4th is fine, he has been hurt all year and is a gamble to stay healthy and useful for the rest of the season

Magazine, so you would refuse if it was offered to you?

43 minutes ago, Cwhollander said:

Finn.  I never asked if it was fair.  So if you were offered this deal, you would refuse?  

Would you veto it?  And if so on what grounds? Just asking

It’s common sense, of course I would vote to veto it. If you want to be in a league that is fun you don’t allow trades like that to happen. Truth is if I were the commissioner of this league I would have a talk with this guy and tell him he’s out if he thinks this is ok

Edited by Finn5033

Just now, Cwhollander said:

I enjoy fun, but I also enjoy competition and talking smack. 

Actually I’m asking the question so

i can here everybody’s rebuttals.  This will help build a better argument for me. 😂 

If you enjoy competition than you should understand why that trade is not ok. 

2 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

If you enjoy competition than you should understand why that trade is not ok. 

It’s fantasy.  It doesn’t guarantee me a win, just guaranteed that I will be screwed on a 2nd rd next year. 

Any of those players could get hurt, along with my current players.....esp at week 11.

Julio just got his first TD, so you can only count on him for yards.  

Thielen is dealing with some mysterious injuries all of a sudden.  Plus Diggs and Cook back will most likely cut into his production.  Rudolph will also wake up one of these days.  

With that said, these guys MIGHT get maybe 5-7more points over who I would normally play.  

If we were to redraft today, based on current points for the season, these guys wouldn’t be drafted  in the 1st round, barely 2nd round.   I’m only getting these guys for maybe 2-3 games + playoffs. 

10 hours ago, Cwhollander said:

It’s fantasy.  It doesn’t guarantee me a win, just guaranteed that I will be screwed on a 2nd rd next year. 

Any of those players could get hurt, along with my current players.....esp at week 11.

Julio just got his first TD, so you can only count on him for yards.  

Thielen is dealing with some mysterious injuries all of a sudden.  Plus Diggs and Cook back will most likely cut into his production.  Rudolph will also wake up one of these days.  

With that said, these guys MIGHT get maybe 5-7more points over who I would normally play.  

If we were to redraft today, based on current points for the season, these guys wouldn’t be drafted  in the 1st round, barely 2nd round.   I’m only getting these guys for maybe 2-3 games + playoffs. 

Like I said, you don’t get it. You’re just trying to justify it to yourself. If I was another player in that league, and your commissioner allows that trade, I would not be playing next year cause that trade is complete crap. The sad thing is it’s complete crap no matter what type of league. But it’s especially crap for a non keeper redraft league.

Edited by Finn5033

10 hours ago, Cwhollander said:

You can't be talking about Jones and Thielen.  They would both be drafted in the first 2 rounds knowing what we know now.  If we don't know what we know now, Jones goes in the 2nd and Thielen in the 3rd.  

11 hours ago, Cwhollander said:

In a 12 man league, Thielen certainly would be a 1st round pick - he's the #1 or #2 WR in almost every league.  Julio is at least a top 10 WR (again, depending on settings he may be higher) and would go somewhere in the 2nd round, 

Your point about the games you are getting him for is complete nonsense as well - you are getting him for the 3 most important weeks of the season .... the playoffs....

Edited by zips5000

That's a terribly unbalanced trade. Doesn't matter if you would accept the trade or not; a trade needs to benefit both teams while preserving league integrity and not unfairly punishing any 3rd party managers. This trade completely undermines any sense of competition. Why even play if trades like this are going down?