[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers vs Seahawks Game Thread

michaelredd9

Missed the first half, but what I'm seeing so far = a couple of so-so schleppy looking teams so far.  Rodgers seems to be so PO'd when he doesn't get time, but his pocket presence isn't looking like its usual self either...eg stepping up in the pocket when he should roll out, not getting rid of it soon enough etc. 

PS how does SEA only have 17?  GB D looks like crap.

Edited by BeeR

Nice Seattle run game.  I have to wonder if this wasn't the nail in McCarthy's coffin.  He basically single handedly lost this game himself.  21 points in the first half and Jones barely touches the ball in the 2nd half.  What is it with McCarthy anyway?  Some incredible AArod passes and a few curious misfires.  

Edited by purplemonster

Never have McCarthy's complete lack of coaching skills been so evident. Some of the worst play calling I have ever seen and screw it, why challenge an important, game changing no catch. Definitely a good call to punt on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes to go when you have defensive injuries and are giving up over 5 yards a carry.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Is the no challenge really on the headcoach or on the guys looking at it upstairs?

It's the guys upstairs.  But McCarthy is responsible for who is upstairs.  Personally, I think it would have been ruled a catch upon review.  But it still should have been challenged because it was close enough to go either way.

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It's the guys upstairs.  But McCarthy is responsible for who is upstairs.  Personally, I think it would have been ruled a catch upon review.  But it still should have been challenged because it was close enough to go either way.

I heard he didn't want to challenge in order to save the time out.

18 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Nice Seattle run game.  I have to wonder if this wasn't the nail in McCarthy's coffin.  He basically single handedly lost this game himself.  21 points in the first half and Jones barely touches the ball in the 2nd half.  What is it with McCarthy anyway?  Some incredible AArod passes and a few curious misfires.  

You obviously didn't see the game and sound like the most of the sports so-called analyst yahoos dumping on McCarthy.  Lame.  Rodgers looked like crap as often as not (was I the only one who saw him badly whiff on about a 3 yd screen toss at the end? wtf?) and their D mostly couldn't stop a runny nose in the 2d half against a half-arse SEA offense.  Not defending the coach per se but this is far from all his fault.  I doubt he's also at fault for their injury issues that seemingly everyone ignores as if they don't matter.

As for the time out, it's very debatable if that would have gotten overturned and he was trying to save his only time out which at the time seemed VERY valuable. Hindsight and all.

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

You obviously didn't see the game and sound like the most of the sports so-called analyst yahoos dumping on McCarthy.  Lame.  Rodgers looked like crap as often as not (was I the only one who saw him badly whiff on about a 3 yd screen toss at the end? wtf?) and their D mostly couldn't stop a runny nose in the 2d half against a half-arse SEA offense.  Not defending the coach per se but this is far from all his fault.  I doubt he's also at fault for their injury issues that seemingly everyone ignores as if they don't matter.

As for the time out, it's very debatable if that would have gotten overturned and he was trying to save his only time out which at the time seemed VERY valuable. Hindsight and all.

Of course all the Packers woes are not his fault but I maintain with a different coach they win that game.  4 rushes in the entire 2nd half. Punting with one timeout and 2 first downs loses the game. Not using Aaron Jones for over a year with 6 ypc. His "personal tutelage" of 3 years of Hundley.  Sure Arod held on to the ball too long at times, misfired a few times, missed a few checkdowns, but he also made a few unreal throws. I put that one mainly on the coach. 

Edited by purplemonster

10 hours ago, BeeR said:

But let's be honest with ourselves. The ONLY reason McCarthy still has a  job is because of a guy named Aaron Rogers. Seriously, what does McCarthy do that makes anyone think he's A good NFL coach? How many times has Rogers saved his ass from embarrassing losses?

I grew up a Packer fan in Wisconsin. I moved to Seattle 29 years ago and adopted Seattle as my second NFL team. I just moved back to Wisconsin this month so I was torn between who to cheer for in this game. I decided the Seahawks had the more realistic chance at making the playoffs with a win considering the schedules and all of Green Bay's injuries so I'm happy the way it played out. 

13 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

I grew up a Packer fan in Wisconsin. I moved to Seattle 29 years ago and adopted Seattle as my second NFL team. I just moved back to Wisconsin this month so I was torn between who to cheer for in this game. I decided the Seahawks had the more realistic chance at making the playoffs with a win considering the schedules and all of Green Bay's injuries so I'm happy the way it played out. 

I can understand adopting a second team when you live in another state.  Kind of like having a mistress.  But you should still bleed Green and Gold.  Are you from the Milwaukee area?

22 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I can understand adopting a second team when you live in another state.  Kind of like having a mistress.  But you should still bleed Green and Gold.  Are you from the Milwaukee area?

:pc: That was Bronco Billy.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I could never understand that. You can't "adopt" another team. Just like you can't adopt another Country. I was born & raised in Philadelphia and had to endure bandwagon Cowboy fans that were everywhere. They never even been to Texas. I would never cheat on my beloved Eagles. No matter how bad things get. 

Edited by League_Champion
  • Like 1