[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers vs Seahawks Game Thread

michaelredd9

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I could never understand that. You can't "adopt" another team. Just like you can't adopt another Country. I was born & raised in Philadelphia and had to endure bandwagon Cowboy fans that were everywhere. They never even been to Texas. I would never cheat on my beloved Eagles. No matter how bad things get. 

Bandwagon fans are ridiculous.  A fan should have a connection to the place.  I think a lot of bandwagon fans became a fan of a team while watching the Super Bowl since that is a lot of people's first introduction to the NFL.  They will usually become a fan of the team that wins that Super Bowl.  I know some Bears fans in Wisconsin with no connection to Illinois.  They are just contrarian types.  I think if you live in a place a long time it is natural to start rooting for the local team.  But I could live in another state for 10 million years and I'd still root for the Packers over that team.  However, when one of my fantasy players is facing the Pack, my allegiance truly gets tested.

I lived in Seattle for 29 years, longer than I have lived in Wisconsin. It was only natural to cheer for the Seahawks especially not being able to watch the Packers every week or having them be the local focus of the sports writers. I ended up hoping both teams won, my loyalties only ever being tested when they played each other, which wasn't all that often. Even then I would be practical about the matchup. cheering for whoever needed the win more. I leaned toward the Seahawks this week because I think they have a better shot at the playoffs with a win, though I still hope for the Packers to make their usual late season charge (perhaps to save McCarthy's arse this time).

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Bandwagon fans are ridiculous.  A fan should have a connection to the place.  I think a lot of bandwagon fans became a fan of a team while watching the Super Bowl since that is a lot of people's first introduction to the NFL.  They will usually become a fan of the team that wins that Super Bowl.  I know some Bears fans in Wisconsin with no connection to Illinois.  They are just contrarian types.  I think if you live in a place a long time it is natural to start rooting for the local team.  But I could live in another state for 10 million years and I'd still root for the Packers over that team.  However, when one of my fantasy players is facing the Pack, my allegiance truly gets tested.

My favorite team is whoevers playing the Cowboys that week.

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah I am stuck with the Vikings like it or not. I like the Pack though and will root for them if the Vikes are eliminated

Viking fans are all cool though. I've never met a D-bag Viking fan. Cowboy fans are the absolute worst. Not the real Cowboy fans. I'm talking about the bandwagon ones that couldn't find Dallas on a map.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:53 AM, League_Champion said:

I could never understand that. You can't "adopt" another team. Just like you can't adopt another Country. I was born & raised in Philadelphia and had to endure bandwagon Cowboy fans that were everywhere. They never even been to Texas. I would never cheat on my beloved Eagles. No matter how bad things get. 

How about if they picked up and moved to another city?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Absolutely not, that's even worse. That's cheating on your City. It's not your team anymore if they leave you. 

That was his point, if your team moves away are you free to find another team?  Bolt is a suffering Charger fan.

I deal with a lot of Steeler fans in NE Ohio, some have routes in/around PIT, other were just kids during the Steeler's SB success and the Browns were not good, so they jumped on board. The most annoying ones root for the Steelers, but still want to be Indians, Cavs or Buckeye fans.

• Like 1