[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gus Edwards

michaelredd9

Sounds like he was in there and seeing lots of action simply because he was familiar with the style of offense used while Jackson was in there. 

But he was in on 62% of the snaps, far more than any other RB. Could be worth a flier for rest of this season, but not sure I see the long term value (he won't be the main RB in BAL come 2019). 

I'm blowing my entire FAAB on Gus in most of my leagues.  He isn't perfect.  He won't get receptions.  He could lose his job. But most running quarterbacks have been paired with a power running back that got a lot of carries. Gus fits the bill.  He might consistently get 15-25 carries with a good chance at a touchdown each game.  Sony Michel type production but with the potential for even more carries because of his size, time of year, and quarterback.  

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm blowing my entire FAAB on Gus in most of my leagues.  He isn't perfect.  He won't get receptions.  He could lose his job. But most running quarterbacks have been paired with a power running back that got a lot of carries. Gus fits the bill.  He might consistently get 15-25 carries with a good chance at a touchdown each game.  Sony Michel type production but with the potential for even more carries because of his size, time of year, and quarterback.  

This happened in all my leagues with faab. Owners bidding every $ they've got left to get Johnson.

That helped me pick up Tre'Quan on the cheap. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:21 AM, loaf said:

well, at least I got 7 points outta Collins yesterday

Same, and thank god I probably won't need to ever start him again.  Sadly I missed the boat on getting Edwards if he turns out to be a thing!!  That stat line was no joke.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, Shaft said:

I think so....I see another Chubb situation. 

I know you have your fingers crossed, hoping that's the case. 

58 minutes ago, Shaft said:

$98 FAAB worth of hope. :lol:

LOL!  Good time to spend it. 

I have him, struggling with deciding to run him this week, but it would be in place of lyndsey or michel, neither of which i want to sit. Watching michel as i have this feeling ol Belichek is not being honest about his leg injury. I know i butchered his name.. 

But overall, if flacco comes back he wont be used as much. With a ball hog backup QB, he fits in perfect for power runs he wont do.  

Edited by Roamingbull

28 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I spent half my yearly allowance and the only other person to bid put in $2. Really hate that, but I got the guy. Hope he's worth it. 

I wish FAAB had an eBay style system where you only pay $1 more than the second highest bid.  It would take a lot of stress out of bidding.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baby_Falcon said:

With Alex Collins on IR, does that make gus a safer pickup? Really wanna get rid of Miller haha

If Alex Collins were to go onto IR, Gus would be more likely to be used as a workhorse.  Personally, I think Gus will be a workhorse even if Collins is healthy.

Edited by michaelredd9

20 minutes ago, Baby_Falcon said:
14 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

If Alex Collins were to go onto IR, Gus would be more likely to be used as a workhorse.  Personally, I think Gus will be a workhorse even if Collins is healthy.

With Alex Collins on IR, does that make gus a safer pickup? Really wanna get rid of Miller haha

Wait, is Alex Collins on IR?

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Wait, is Alex Collins on IR?

Not as of yet but might as well be. 

47 minutes ago, Baby_Falcon said:

So youd still prefer Lamar Miller?

Lamar Miller is less risky.  He will for sure get you 10-15 fantasy points each week if he is healthy.  Gus, on the other hand, isn't a sure thing.  But I personally think they are going to give Gus a ton of carries.  Gus could lead the league in carries rest of season.  So I'd take the risk and rather have Gus.  But trading a player that has been good for 4 years for a player who has had 1 good week, is usually a fool's gambit.

Edited by michaelredd9